Director of Emergency and Observation
Tucson, AZ area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Emergency and Observation Director for a great opportunity in the Tucson, AZ area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in an Emergency unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Emergency and Observation
- Responsible for the daily operation of department to include: high quality patient care, recruitment and retention of staff, operational and capital budgets, regulatory compliance, continuous performance improvement, and excellence in customer service.
- Requires excellent communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and with other leadership in the community.
- Direct oversight of the clinical coordinator/educator of the ED and is responsible for assessing and maintaining competency and education of staff.
- Should have strong leadership and interpersonal skills to include coaching, mentoring, and conflict resolution.
Requirements of the Director of Emergency and Observation
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license in the state of AZ
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Masters degree strongly preferred
- BLS Required RN License
- Certified Emergency Nursing certification preferred
- 5+ years current experience working in acute care hospital
- 3+ years of experience working in an emergency unit in a leadership role