Director of Emergency Services
San Antonio, Texas
Our hospital client is looking for an experienced director to lead the emergency department by driving growth, overseeing a team of 46 FTEs, and managing resource allocation and management controls to ensure consistent, high-quality patient care in the emergency department. Position will report to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advance the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
- Coach immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Facilitate evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- Enforce standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Seek new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develop, prioritize and defend capital equipment requests.
- Advance the growth agenda for emergency services.
- Develop and builds strategic external networks.
For more information, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890. To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
- Bachelor's degree Nursing required.
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.