endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Director of Electrical System Engineering (Motors):
Are you looking for the GOOGLE culture in Automotive? A developer of new technologies (sprung from MIT) is looking for a talented engineering professional to lead a team of amazing engineers launching a new mechatronic product that is going to revolutionize the way vehicles handle. Poised to double in size in the next three years this is the ideal time to get on board.
Located in the greater Boston area this emerging technologies leader offer amenities such as:
- 100% company paid healthcare
- Daily catered healthy lunch
- Catered dinner when working late
- Summertime team BBQs
- Gym with Rogue Fitness equipment
- Shower & towel service
- Open dog policy
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited artisanal coffee and craft cappuccinos
- Over 50 different types of unlimited beverages
The scope of the position requires a proven track-record with a range of responsibilities including engineering functional department leadership and electrical engineering management of a team (8) of highly motivated and dedicated of electrical / electromechanical engineering specialists. A direct report to the SVP of Engineering.
- Build a cross functional team capable of developing and delivering an Electomechanical system to automotive industry standards
- Look forward at cutting edge technology in software development, printed circuit boards, and brushless DC motor technology in order to increase our competitive advantage in the automotive technology sector.
- Work with strategic partners to deliver a robust industry standard 48V motor module including software enabled electronic control unit and 48V motor.
- Lead design reviews, oversee your team’s design work for both production and prototype brushless DC motor systems, including electrical, software, controls.
- Partners with software and mechanical engineering team and writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
- Reviews product specifications to ensure correctness, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures.
- Contributes to the base development’s program milestones (functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed design and drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
- Technical and professional mentorship for a cross functional engineering team.
- Responsible for team financial management including annual operating plan, budget management, and forecasting.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, or similar required. Professional Engineer Certificate, MS/ MBA / PMP certification desired, not required.
- 10-15+ years’ experience while holding engineering leadership roles within the automotive industry (either at a Tier-1 or Tier-2 supplier), where you launched product into mass production
- Electronic Design & Schematic Diagram Design experience in the automotive industry or closely related industry.
- Experience with motor design, electro-magnetic compliance techniques and simulation software
- Ability to demonstrate experience bringing software products to market in the automotive industry, especially embedded software development and using such automotive standards as AUTOSAR and ASPICE
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent communication and collaborative experience with global cross functional teams.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from an early concept to a verified product
- Ability to drive consensus at levels (parallel, upwards, and downwards) in a complex organization, and drive execution based on decision.
- Can show proven success in an atmosphere with varying amounts of ambiguity, but still able to set and deliver on plans with proven processes.
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of tools and key performance indicators
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary.
- Ability to influence internal and external technical experts and decision-maker.
- Goal oriented methods of work, overall mindset of moving company forward.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.