As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we have recognized the need to take our power distribution & controls capabilities to the next level in such a way as to create a distinctive competitive advantage. We are seeking a highly qualified Director of Electrical Engineering to join our team and lead this effort.
This key position will be part of the Operations Leadership Team, reporting to the company’s COO. This role will lead a team of 10 and growing, the main location is Crystal Lake, IL.
- Champion the Be a leader with respect to safety in all aspects of what you do!
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop a strategy and plan to build Controls Capabilities.
- Develop and implement goals and corresponding action plans to drive the strategy and the metrics to ensure both sustainability and continuous improvement.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of electrical engineers and technicians to achieve departmental goals.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of engineering teams in our Crystal Lake, IL office, our office in Cedar Rapids, IA and on site at various customer locations.
- Oversee the design and development of electrical control systems for our machinery, equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance with applicable industry standards, safety regulations, and quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate electrical controls into our products.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies in electrical controls and automation.
- Drive innovation within the department to not only ensure enhanced product performance and efficiency but to introduce features and benefits in the tradition of leading edge mechanical breakthroughs.
- Maintain accurate documentation of electrical control designs, specifications, and project records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost efficiencies within the electrical controls department.
- Implement best practices to enhance departmental productivity and product quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience (10+ years) in a leadership role within electrical controls, automation, or a related field.
- High-level of Power Distribution experience.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent project management abilities.
- Proficiency in electrical control system design and PLC programming.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills.
- Travel required (approximately 20%) domestically with limited International Travel required.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive & competitive benefits package.