Director of Credit Risk Originations
Our client is a fast-growing, non-bank lender dedicated to providing simple, fast, and affordable financing to America’s Main Street businesses. An innovator in the industry since 2003, the Company is backed by a leading private equity firm and is currently implementing an aggressive national growth strategy.
Reporting to the Chief Risk and Analytics Officer, the Director of Credit Risk Originations will work with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Technology and other business partners to analyze and develop strategies for loan originations in various channels, to achieve profitable growth while maintaining credit risk within acceptable levels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage advanced analytics and predictive modeling techniques to develop credit policies and risk strategies to drive portfolio profitability and growth.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of credit risk strategies within direct mail and/or other direct marketing channels. Perform data analysis in areas such as marketing response & conversion rates, operational effectiveness, loan performance and profitability.
- Build, test and monitor champion/challenger strategies. Perform analysis on experiment results to drive business insights and recommendation.
- Evaluate new data sources that can improve decision making for credit risk management.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective credit risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Perform detailed monitoring and reporting, both periodic and ad-hoc, to efficiently and effectively provide insight into performance of credit risk strategies, and to identify unique risks and opportunities within the business.
- Keep well informed on industry trends and competition with an eye for looking to continuously improve the business
- Identify and monitor relevant macro-economic metrics that impact lending quality and adjust strategy as necessary.
- Lead, coach and develop team reporting to the position (communications, business, technical, etc. as needed)
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent experience and education mix. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working in sophisticated quantitative environments with a lending organization -small business lending or personal loans preferred.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to translate analytics into actionable business decisions.
- Proven team player in aligning goals. Works with peers and rest of organization to drive business results; optimizes for the good of the company, not individual departments.
- Ability to work through ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations; demonstrate excellent presentation skills and conduct productive negotiations and meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership including outstanding interpersonal skills, communication, team building/development, and integrity.
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed. Must be able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Strong SAS, R or Python skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an advanced level.
- Experience with predictive modeling and machine learning is a plus.
What you get from the Company:
- Ability to assume a leadership role in a fast-paced, performance driven organization. Play a role in defining our success.
- Paid training, coaching and development
- Health, dental, vision, 401k
- Paid vacation and sick time
- A dynamic, team-oriented office environment
- A comfortable, relaxed casual dress code
- Paid holidays and flexible work schedule
- Rewards, recognition, company events, and other fun stuff
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.