We are looking for a Director of Accounting Operations to lead our global accounting group through system improvements and implementation of global accounting pronouncements. This position will help ensure that the organization follows all regulatory and accounting guidelines. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and developing efficiencies in the accounting department. An effective Director of Accounting Operations has expert knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized with a great eye for detail and an ability to identify and remediate risks. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively. The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
• Managing Operations throughout the global accounting team by collaborating with accounting managers to understand and remediate weaknesses in current processes and/or systems.
• Collaborating with the Assistant Controller and Manager of Financial Reporting in the preparation of consolidated financial statements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis including consolidations, eliminations.
• Responsible for assisting the M&A team with integration of the accounting function including coordination with external valuation report teams, ensuring proper accounting systems are in place for both local and U.S. records. Work with Assistant Controller and VP Corporate Controller to ensure that integration strategy expedites the global close process.
• Responsible for building and implementing internal control processes and working with Internal Audit to ensure that controls are in place and are documented timely.
• Work with the Manager of Financial Reporting to apply technical accounting principles and implement process changes to conform to changes in accounting principles. • Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements by effectively managing global accounting team to pull together necessary supporting schedules.
• Understanding and experience with foreign operations and foreign currency translation and transactions and the related accounting.
• Liaison with external auditors on quarterly and annual basis.
• Work with accounting team to implement and drive system changes for the new lease accounting and revenue recognition pronouncements.
• Work with Director of Accounting Information Systems to implement IT solutions to drive a shorter and more efficient close process through implementation of standardized reconciliation software. • Work with VP Corporate Controller and Assistant Controller on potential implementation of a global accounting system.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Accounting Degree with CPA required
• Worked in public accounting for minimum 2 years and 3 to 5 years of private industry. Someone who has had more than just routine day to day accounting & reporting (Special Project, M&A exposure, Implementation / Integration)
• Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
• Understanding of data analysis and forecasting with good analytical and problem solving skills
• Results oriented able to meet deadlines
• Attention to details
• Computer savvy, intermediate or advanced level experience with Excel and proficient with other MS Office applications (Word and PowerPoint)
• Familiar with accounting software; Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains strongly preferred. Are looking at new ERP options for a global platform. Will stay with GP for domestic operations; Implementing a new reporting tool "TM1" currently
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative to identify outstanding tasks and see them through to completion
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills • Experience with implementation of worldwide financial consolidation implementation or accounting system preferred