Director of Cardiovascular Services
Seeking a talented and qualified individual for a Director of Cardiovascular Services in the Southern FL area. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years current experience in Cardiac Nurse Leadership in an Acute Care setting. Requirements for Director of Cardiac Services
Responsibilities for Director of Cardiac Services
- Bachelor Degree required, BSN or Master's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years current experience in Cardiac Nurse Leadership in an acute care setting
- RN license required
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or appropriate RN license
- Demonstrates 24 hour responsibility and accountability for practice, and quality of care and services within assigned department.
- Provides leadership of the Cardiac/Cath function, clinical services and programs. Ensures the selection, retention, and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services.
- Demonstrates accountability for clinical practice, services and administrative activities including fiscal, material and human resource management.
- Maintains and monitors utilization of resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, standards, policies, equipment, and practices.
- Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback, and performance planning. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on time. Actively coaches and mentors staff.
- Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation, physical space, and training and education of staff.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between clinical departments, physicians, and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach in providing services to meet the needs of the patients served.
- Supports and recognizes physicians as important customers.