Director of Cardiovascular Services
Northwestern, MO area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Cardiovascular Services for a great opportunity in the Northwestern, MO area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a Cardiovascular Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Cardiovascular Services
- Coordinates and integrates services for the department of Cardiology and with other departments with twenty-four (24) hour accountability
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care/service and assures the qualifications and competence of those staff members (who are not licensed independent practitioners) meet the needs of patient care and non-patient care services
- Provides orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in their department(s)
- Continuously assesses and improves their department’s performance and maintains appropriate quality control programs.
- Recommends space and other resources needed by the department and participates in selecting outside resources needed by their department(s)
- Works with the Cardiologist performing nursing activities as related to the Cardiology department
- Administers medications monitor patient vital signs/EKG, performs continual patient assessment during patient’s stay in the department
- Documents accurate nursing records and patient data
- Coordinates patient teaching and post-procedure assessment
- Performs emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Assists in in-service education
- Collects and assembles data for database, outcome analysis, performance improvement.
Requirements of the Director of Cardiovascular Services
- 3 years' experience in Cardiovascular Services nurse management leadership required
- 5 years' experience in Cardiovascular Services nursing required
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- MO RN Licensure