GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Director of Business development to ideally be located in RTP, NC.
About Our Client:
Our client develops molecular diagnostic assays enabling advancements in personalized medicine in the field of Oncology.
The market for clinical oncology assays, services and data analysis is expanding rapidly. Through biomarker collaboration with pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, our client is experiencing robust global growth and is entering a new phase in its advancement as a category leader. This organizational growth has prompted the need to hire a Director of Business Development as our client enters a new growth and expansion phase.
In this role, the Director of Business Development will lead the business planning and execution of strategies to develop a robust opportunity pipeline with biopharma companies developing novel therapeutics and ensure that annual sales objectives are met.
- Establish and execute a business plan to enable achievement of strategic and tactical sales objectives.
- Plan and execute a robust lead generation plan for obtaining first time, new potential client meetings.
- Forecast and achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Develop a strong, working knowledge of our client’s capabilities and services.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure effective client engagement and deliverables.
- Assist in the development of strategic marketing plans and marketing materials.
- Maintain regular contact and network with customers to form strong, matrixed relationships within customer accounts.
- Gather customer input and market intelligence and communicate this information to internal teams.
- Perform all other assigned sales activities, including CRM management, forecasting, pricing, and agreement negotiation.
B.S. or advanced degree in the biological sciences (biology, immunology, proteomics, genomics).
- Experience in oncology molecular diagnostics.
- Demonstrated customer access and knowledge generally evidenced by 5 or more years of successful sales experience in the Life Sciences.
- Prior sales leadership / management experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and results focused.
- The aptitude and ability to learn technical details relevant to our client’s business.
- A passion for science and solving client challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Culturally aligned with the ambiguity and change often found in rapidly growing environments.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.