Director of Business Development
We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Business Development for a great opportunity in Raleigh, NC. The ideal candidate will possess 3 years of healthcare sales experience and 5 years of business development or sales experience.
About Our Client:Med First Primary & Urgent Care
Med First is one of the largest independent primary care physician groups within the state of North Carolina. The Company develops and operates a “hybrid” delivery model providing both primary and urgent care services commonly referred to as “Primary Care-on-Demand. The Company also participates in the largest value-based / shared savings ACO within the state, which is managed by Aledade Health. Med First continues to grow through tuck-in acquisitions of independent provider groups and the development of new clinic locations.
Our Mission is to provide access to care in traditionally underserved markets. Med First operates 20 clinics and has over 275 employees. The Company is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. And is financially backed by Sverica Capital Partners, a leading private-equity firm.
Responsibilities of the Director of Business Development
- Identifies and completes multiple tuck-in acquisitions ranging from 5-8 per year
- Builds a large pipeline of acquisition targets through industry outreach and direct contact with competing primary and urgent care practices.
- Drives the deal process from first contact with potential clients to execution of agreements.
- Works with CFO in financial due diligence and building business growth financial models
- Coordinates the due diligence process of all acquisitions throughout the organization
- Works in conjunction with the CFO and company attorneys to negotiate Terms Sheets / Asset Purchase Agreements / Provider Employment Agreements process
- Works with Project Manager in developing acquisition project plans
- Works in conjunction with the senior management team to identify and assess the development and expansion of new service lines. Some examples may include pediatric primary care and behavioral health
- Works closely with Marketing Director to assess demographic market opportunities
- Stays abreast and reports on industry-related trends and key operational/ financial metrics
- Incorporate utilization project management tools in tracking new business opportunities and growth initiates
Requirements of the Director of Business Development
- 3-5 years of business development experience within the healthcare industry. Physician services are a plus.
- Experience in finance-related valuation and/or experience in Corporate Development and mergers & acquisitions
- Experienced within a healthcare services environment
- Strong knowledge of the acquisition process from start to finish
- Has the ability and fortitude to source out multiple acquisition targets
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Multi-site development in either a healthcare or retail environment
- Possesses a keen understanding of the physician practice sector
- Demonstrable track record of completing and integrating acquisitions.
- Proven project management expertise/ sales management + leadership skills.
- Has had experience working with physicians and (or) physician groups.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Effective and efficient problem solving and analytical skills
- Commercial and financial acumen and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand market trends
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- Ability to develop financial models and evaluates target companies.
- Must have familiarity with CRM tools.
- Intermediate to advances Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Must have well developed and professional interpersonal skills (including listening skills)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Can multi-task and prioritize effectively
- The ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization; work independently to research, analyze and develop information to identify business opportunities.
- Maintaining flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables, and unexpected events is a must.
- Must have the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion and possess the ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them.
- Must have general knowledge and understanding of pro forma financial statements and regulatory and accrediting requirements for healthcare organizations.
- A positive, high-energy attitude along with a sense of urgency