THE OPPORTUNITYOur client is a growing branded manufacturer & distributor of team sports equipment and apparel. We are privately owned and have been delivering high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service for thirty-five years. We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced, ambitious, and energetic Director of Business Development to help as expand our customer base.Responsibilities include managing strategic relationships and key accounts.The Key Account base encompasses a diverse range of channels including traditional retail, and E-commerce businesses. In addition, we are looking to develop relationships with national leagues and organizations. Position would be responsible for developing, negotiating and implementing sales and marketing programs, pricing, and brand building initiatives. Applicants should have a fundamental knowledge of the sporting goods industry. REPORTING STRUCTUREReports to the VP of Sales and is in Wheeling, IL
- Develop and implement product and marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Monitor and research current sports equipment trends to determine new product opportunities.
- Take new products from conception to market within a set time frame and budget
- Understand functional and regulatory product requirements and work with suppliers to achieve them.
- Negotiate costs and production schedules with overseas factories, along with, CAD and patent knowledge.
- Forecast product sales and work with Inventory Analysts to plan inventory levels
- Establish pricing strategies and analyze profit margins.
- Work with graphic designers on the development of sales materials and packaging design.
- With Senior Product Manager, create and maintain product documentation, including detailed product specification sheets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Management or related field
- Hands on approach with a sense of urgency to achieve sales and profit goals
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution, time management skills
- Strong leadership and management capability
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel – V lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Ability to prioritize projects and to successfully handle multiple tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Create processes to ensure optimal efficiency and accuracy
- Independent individual with the drive to build long-term relationships and establish a record of personal and organizational success
POSITION BENEFITSA full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays and reimbursement toward gym membership fees.