Director of Business Development
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga (MAM) has a great opportunity for a Director of Business Development. The Director of Business Development will identify and pursue gas turbine engine fleet management, MRO and components manufacturing opportunities with new and existing customers. They will also develop new customers and new markets to support business growth targets.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Lead strategic business development and marketing of Division’s core capabilities in gas turbine engine fleet management / maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) / components manufacturing.
- Develop the strategic partnerships, customer relationships, and arrangement necessary to obtain additional market share in Division’s targeted areas of growth.
- Identify and secure new business leads for MAM and highlight opportunities for other Magellan divisions.
- Work with Corporate and Division Contracts personnel to review contracts for content and accuracy including price, legal, freight, and terms
- Provide input for future product and/or development as it may relate to technology development strategy.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with appropriate customer personnel (Executive team, business development, supply chain, other key personnel). Provide customer feedback to MAM organization.
- Develop an understanding of customers’ products and long-term business strategies, to position MAM to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Be well informed about current aerospace industry trends, competition, competitive issues, and products. Early identification of future development programs and exploration of opportunities for MAM participation as those programs develop.
- Develop and maintain a valid sales forecast to span the strategic planning 5 yr timeframe (as a minimum) that also highlights specific target program.
- Business degree (BA, MBA) or Engineering degree (P.Eng)
- Minimum of 5 years of Aerospace sales experience focused on Gas Turbine Engines
- Background working with Canadian government contracts, both nationally and internationally
- The ideal candidate would bring significant contacts with existing customers, including militaries, gas turbine engine OEM’s, for repair and overhaul, complex component repair or overhaul, or complex gas turbine component manufacturing.
- Ability to identify new business prospects as well as the ability to develop new customers and new markets to support business growth targets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals, and successfully close complex contract negotiations
- Be well informed about current military aerospace industry trends, competition, competitive issues, and products, in order to identify real opportunities.
- Contract Management experience and proven ability to manage client relationships effectively.
- Familiarity with gas turbine engine fleet management requirements
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Candidates who are chosen for the position will need to pass a security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program and obtain and maintain a Contract Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)