GeneCoda® has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Director of Business Development, Strategic Consulting Services to be ideally located in the San Diego or San Francisco, CA marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client provides in silico modeling tools and consulting services for taking the many steps required to develop a drug. Our client provides software and services that span the drug development life cycle from drug discovery to pre-clinical and clinical testing which ensures that decisions are made with solid data.
By leveraging its world-leading modeling and simulation expertise with proven drug development, clinical pharmacology, and regulatory science experience, our client is uniquely qualified to advise and optimize crucial decisions that determine success in today’s drug development programs.
Our client has helped sponsors bring dozens of drugs to market over the past several years and advised on hundreds of programs from early clinical development stages through proof-of-concept. Those drug programs cover a range of therapeutic areas, address the needs of special populations and have been executed under unique regulatory programs such as breakthrough status, orphan drug designation, and priority review.
The Director, Business Development will be responsible for identifying and pursuing strategic business with new and existing clients in the pharmaceutical industry. This will include gaining an understanding of current and potential clients’ business models and objectives, drug development program focus, critical decisions and challenges, and financial position and then tailoring a solution best fit for their needs.
- Develop an understanding of products and services to successfully deliver value propositions to prospects and existing clients
- Lead the strategic business planning process based on a thorough understanding of industry trends and opportunities, and effectively solve strategic challenges.
- Qualify companies and contacts to understand the customers’ key needs/challenges through identification, discovery, planning and account/customer qualifications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, decision makers, Ph.D. scientists, IT and senior management teams in pre-clinical, DMPK, clinical, formulation development and pharmacometrics.
- Set goals and consistently deliver against revenue objectives.
- Gather market intelligence and relay to management in order to improve offerings and communication for local market needs.
- Document communication/discussions and all opportunity details in CRM to ensure a tracked record of existing correspondence and/or future next steps required.
- Establish clear expectations and priorities; drive initiatives to completion.
- Work collaboratively with teams to achieve objectives.
- Provide clear direction, and actively communicate with stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences related field.
- Candidates must have a thorough understanding of the drug development process from pre-clinical to Phase III, as well as the role of Clinical Pharmacology and Model Informed Drug Development (PK/PD, QSP, PBPK and MBMA) in the drug development process.
- Ability to converse with C-suite leadership in Biopharma companies.
- 10+ years of successful business development and sales experience in the life sciences industry, preferably in CRO or consulting services.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech (including service providers to those industries) or sciences-related industries with a regulatory component.
- Proven experience in identifying, evaluating and pursuing business development opportunities within new and existing key markets.
- Experienced and adept in a variety of negotiating settings.
- A proven history of meeting or exceeding quotas.
- Ability to develop a territory strategy and manage bookings forecasts to a reliable and timely closure.
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence the decision-making process.
- Ability to effectively translate overall strategies into actionable operational plans and assure implementation.
- Ability to simplify and convey complex concepts and strategies and influence key decision makers.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.