Under guidance of the CHRO, designs the planning and administration of comprehensive and competitive Health & Welfare and Retirement programs that support the objective of achieving competitive advantage in the market from both a financial and people perspective across the system. Plans, develops and implements new and revised programs, policies, procedures. Assures through thorough audits, reports and personal contact that company programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Ensures that a competitive benefits package is maintained for the organization. Assists the CHRO in determining the strategic direction the organization’s benefits programs. Programs include (but are not limited to health, dental, vision, pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Voluntary benefit programs, Disability and Leave programs, retirement and pension savings plans).
- Resolves complex employee benefit plan issues referred by benefits staff
- Chairs monthly Client Employee Compensation and Benefits Workgroup meetings; participates in periodic Client Employee Compensation and Benefit Committee meetings. Develops content, creates agenda and accompanying materials, presents pertinent topics, makes pertinent recommendations to the Benefits Workgroup, coordinates guest presentations as needed, and maintains minutes.
- Manages the process of retirement fund changes, once recommended to and approved by the Employee Benefits Committee, including adhering to timely employee communication requirements, and coordinating with the record keeping and trust vendors.
- Oversees and coordinates vesting/taxation practices under the Executive 457(f) Plan, coordinating with external record keeper and trustee, as well as with our internal Payroll Department, to ensure timely and accurate tax withholding and reporting on behalf of vested plan participants.
- Responsible for department operating budget.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local laws and regulations and ensures that all compensation programs are compliant with regulations including ERISA, COBRA, FLSA, ADA and wage and hour laws.
- Oversees the hiring, orientation, training of staff. Provides leadership and technical guidance to staff. Develops standards of performance, approves staff performance evaluations and recommendations for personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.