Director of BD
Expectations of the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that has its sights firmly set on growth. You will develop, define and execute on a data sales strategy with strategic planning and big picture thinking. Calls on and develops relationships with key executives in the automotive and data space in order to negotiate, sell or maintain business transactions for IFMA products and services resulting in increased revenue. Provides strong business results, strategic direction and drives incremental sales to the company by leveraging these strong manufacturer relationships and alliances
- Hit the ground running with your automotive dealership Rolodex of contacts.
- Individual contributor with no direct reports.
- Executes business development and sales goals for automotive and other markets through extensive market research and intelligence to enable the direct sale of software and service products.
- Understands and possesses specific market intelligence and knowledge for the assigned region; drives this understanding throughout the organization to meet local product market needs.
- Develops, nurtures, and maintains in-depth and comprehensive customer relationships and contacts for assigned accounts to produce strong business results for the Company by leveraging alliances.
- Communicates evolving business “pipeline” to executive management as stages progress on a regular basis; pipeline updates include anything from initial business conversations to signing contracts securing new business.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts by customer and product, and contributes to strategic planning and budget processes.
- Partners with Product group to define targeted market business needs relating to product requirements; instrumental in providing detailed information to tailor solutions to meet customer needs.
- Identify and grow opportunities with existing clients in collaboration with the Business Development and Sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Secure new OEMs
- Coordinates account and market reviews of key metrics and best practices/key learning for assigned markets.
- Develops sales presentations and additional support collateral in conjunction with Marketing and utilizes information when developing new opportunities for business and sales growth; pursues opportunities that appear unique to each assigned account in terms of marketing and operations.
- Develops strategic alliances and partnerships to strengthen existing business relationships and opportunities, and to identify additional alliances and partners; also develops proposals and negotiates terms and conditions, when implementing contractual agreements – all of this is done in conjunction with immediate superior and the executive team
- Direct sales experience with strong automotive dealership contacts
- Related Bachelor’s Degree, MBA, or Master’s Degree
- 7 years or more of related experience in Sales or Business Development
- Minimum of 3 years experience selling Big Data and Data Analytics is preferable
- 5 years’ proven success selling multimillion-dollar deals B2B
- 3 years experience developing, defining, and executing a data sales strategy
- Proven ability to strategically plan and understand big-picture thinking
- Deep understanding of automotive service & parts applications landscape and product development.
Prior experience in a high-growth technology company servicing complex industrial customers is essential. A proven track record of sales in multi-national industrial accounts with experience in personally developing top line sales in the millions on an annual basis. Track record of implementing new business development plans within multi-national industrial accounts which at least meet, but preferably exceed business goals. Ability to develop nurture and maintain large account relationships requiring large account management and complex product management experience.