Our client is a PE backed, portfolio of companies and is headquartered in Tampa. They are a diverse services company with locations all over the country committed to providing best-in-class service in a variety of industries, and are continuing to rapidly grow via acquisition (2 in 2021). This “best-in-class” commitment guides how they treat their clients, but also is the foundation of their company culture. They have created an empowering professional environment with a sense of community of opportunity for their entire team.
Due to tremendous growth, they are creating a Director of Accounting/Finance role (will report to the CFO) to serve on the Financial Leadership Team.
Qualified candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and be a CPA
- Candidates should have a combination of public accounting and private industry experience
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local statutes governing GAAP and FASB
- Excellent presentation, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and negotiating skills
- Experience leading, developing, and coaching employees and high performing teams in a geographically dispersed organization
- Strategic and forward thinking with the ability to drive execution to deliver results
- Strong communication, listening, facilitation, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working with senior executives to structure and lead an effective and broad-based organizational strategy and a track record of launching programs and delivering results to optimize the company’s financial position
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Driving transformative thinking, as well as providing leadership and strategic direction to the following key Shared Services functions: Accounting; Billing; Cash Applications; Collections; Credit; Quality Control; Accounts Payable, and Revenue Recognition
- Effectively managing the perceptions and expectations of senior management and business partners will be critical to the success of this role. Serve as a member of the leadership team, providing strategic input on the short and long-term direction the organization
- Provide vision and strategy for the Shared Services team and deliver on goals that will advance the global operating model for the company
- Oversee the management of organizational cash flow from purchase to order billing to cash receivables and revenue recognition
- Accountable for setting, measuring, and delivering against key performance indicators (KPIs) for Finance Shared Services as a whole, and individual processes
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, and reporting
- Oversee and lead all process delivery driven by the Finance Shared Services organization
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities through agile execution and optimal use of technology
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, including internal customers and colleagues in functions related to process execution (Sales, Finance, HR, etc.)
- Manage the operational integration of new acquisitions into the Shared Services processes
- Oversee month-end, quarter-end and year-end closes and GL account reconciliations, including Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Accruals, Cash, and other inter-company transactions.