Director of Accounting, Revenue & Commissions
Our client is a rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
The Director of Accounting will partner with the Accounting team to implement the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606. This position will be heavily involved in performing data analytics, tracking persistency of members and forecasting revenue in the future. This individual will also partner with a remote third-party IT function to help automate these activities within our proprietary database as well as other activities as time permits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with developing a model to analyze and record revenue on a monthly basis.
• Perform data analytics to understand how blocks of business are performing and how they are performing compared to forecast.
• Create the narrative behind the numbers and present to senior leadership.
• Compare actual vs. forecast revenue and perform adjustments quarterly.
• Collaborate with the remote third-party IT function to implement improvements in HIIQ's proprietary system to create efficiencies for revenue analysis, including working on systemic automation.
• Serve as revenue analytics subject matter expert for the organization
• Provide oversight and leadership to the revenue team (i.e., 3-4 ppl)
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business administration or related degree.
• Higher education expected, or equivalent effort from additional certifications obtained.
• Five years of progressive experience in an analytical finance or accounting role.
• Extensive analytical, financial modeling, and/or forecasting experience with a proven ability to work with large sets of data.
• Experience with SQL Server or other database software is preferred.
• Ability to simplify complex analytics into actionable items.
• Precise attention to detail and data accuracy.
• Experience with internal control framework is strongly preferred.
• Proven strategic thinking and successful execution coordination
• Effective written, verbal, listening and presenting skills