Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Lab Registered Nurse RN
Northwest, FL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Lab Registered Nurse RN for a great opportunity in the Northwest, FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Cardiac Cath Lab in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Lab Registered Nurse RN
- Directs the development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the Cardiovascular department’s daily activities, the operational efficiency, and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives
- Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the Cardiovascular Services
- Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations.
- Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities' success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have a hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Direct, reviews, and analyzes progress and performance of contract services personnel
- Makes recommendations on contract initiation, renewals, and termination.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team.
- Meets all objectives as set forth in the individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours, and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff
Requirements of the Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Lab Registered Nurse RN
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Associates degree required
Florida Radiographer License OR FL RN License required OR RCIS required
National Registry (ARRT) required (for Radiographer)
BCLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS certified preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the field preferred
- 3-5 years management experience preferred