Reporting to the VP Warehouse Operations for a 50+ year old privately held 3rd Party Logistics provider having established themselves as one of the premier logistics companies in the United States. Their service offerings include warehousing, drayage, brokerage, and other valued added transportation services with a focus in retail, CPG, home goods, and FMCG, electronics, technology, and automotive clients.
The Director of Warehouse Operations will own the facility P/L while directing and overseeing operational policies, objectives, and initiatives, and manage all client distribution and supply chain operations. This individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving the operational functions of the Transportation / Distribution facility while maintaining effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations. The director will also be responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Bachelor’s Degree including 7 to 15 years’ experience in a fast-paced transportation and warehousing environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing transportation and multi-client warehousing operations.
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers or lines of business helpful.
- Experience in transportation management, pick-up and delivery, routing, retailer requirements.
- Experience with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance.
- Location: Los Angeles, CA in office
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Develop and maintain the operational business plan to include all customer/company requirements, labor hours, equipment, facility costs, and human resource decisions to enable organization to reach goals.
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of operational expenses and owning the facility P&L driving continuous improvement of financial performance.
- Performs and oversees the administrative activities associated with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving data for reports, interfacing with other functional areas, and continuous communication with customers.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain productivity and quality standards, develop budget and cost controls, and focuses on continuous improvement of the operation.
- Ensure operational procedures are followed for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current and up to date.
- Review operating reports, identifies, and directs the resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Ability to build high functioning teams.
- Great Collaborator and effective communicator
- Strong Financial Acumen
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Chris Hostettler
Warehousing & Distributionchostettler@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.147Click here to apply online