Our client is a well-known public Retail chain with supply chain HQ in the Charlotte, NC metro area.
In this newly created, high-impact role, you will lead the planning, development, and execution of transportation projects and initiatives that drive process improvements and reduce costs. Supporting a $1B+ annual transportation budget, this is an opportunity to play a key role in the continuing development of a supply chain network that has tripled in size over the past eight years.
As the Director Transportation Strategy, you and your team will maintain and progressively improve the transportation supply chain activities by evaluating opportunities to simplify processes, improve performance metrics, and identify efficiencies. You will closely partner with Transportation Operations, Transportation Administration, Strategic Sourcing, Network Strategy, and other key internal and third-party resources to support project goals and objectives.
Key to this position is strong project management, partnership, and communication skills with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to identify and develop business cases to promote support for the pursuit of new opportunities.
- Provide project management for all Transportation and Transportation related projects and initiatives, including IT, upgrades, process improvement initiatives, 3rd party projects, and cost savings initiatives. Specific activities include proactive development and management of annual project/initiatives and event and project plans; measurement of project performance to timelines, milestones, and goals; management of project scope, project schedules, validation techniques, and costs; coordination and facilitation of project updates with project team members, steering committees, and executive.
- Partner with Transportation and other functional areas, including Merchandising, Planning and Allocations, Finance, Store Operations, Business Solutions, and Distribution Centers to identify, develop and implement opportunities impacting performance metrics, stability, scalability, efficiencies, costs, and controls of the Logistics Supply Chain.
- Ensure accurate documentation and controls, including project planning, implementation plans, procedural documentation, tracking, and performance. Clearly define controls to ensure success after the transition to the execution phase.
- Lead administrative, analytics, and support activities, including contract management, bid events, TMS and Pool Shipper tool selection, set up, maintenance, evaluations, upgrades; systemic rate maintenance and uploads, etc.
|Analysis and Judgment
||Credibility And Trust
|Builds Organizational Capacity
||Confronting Tough Issues
Sr. Transportation Process Improvement Project Manager Cross-Docks
Sr. Transportation Process Improvement Project Manager Import (Ocean and Dray)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor or MBA Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business related preferred.
- 10-15 years of transportation operations, procurement, and management experience; 5 years of management-level experience.
- 4 to 6 years of retail transportation experience is a plus.
- Specialized transportation expertise with insurance requirements, claims, hazardous materials, food transport, trailer leasing, and fleet management.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside the company.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Skillful negotiator
- Experience with hands-on utilization of current supply-chain software applications and systems; TMS expertise preferred.
- The job requires the ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, working with paper/files, handling objects with hands, lifting up to 10 lbs., etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- This role requires regular in-office presence, including in-person team interaction, meetings, collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
This job description summarizes the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.