The Tax Director is responsible for all areas of federal, state and local, and international taxes for our client and its subsidiaries. These responsibilities include the development, evaluation and implementation of policies and procedures that encompass income and non-income compliance, tax controversy, income tax accounting, tax forecasting, and global tax planning. The Tax Director initiates process improvements, drives efficiencies and identifies/implements tax savings strategies. The Tax Director is responsible for the activities of nine tax professionals. The department's focus is on compliance and provision work (tax returns, ASC 740, etc.) with tax planning and tax savings as secondary focuses.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Direct Federal, State and local income tax compliance;
- Direct the quarterly global tax provision and related GAPP disclosures;
- Manage the company’s Transfer Pricing Policies and assure compliance with BEPS;
- Build eminence with business operations, auditors and other functions within Company;
- Manage U.S. and Canadian federal income tax audits;
- Oversight for non-US income tax audits;
- Oversight for State and local income and non-income tax audits;
- Maintain and continuously update internal controls for tax function;
- Assure global tax accounts are timely reconciled;
- Prepare budget projections for global tax accounts (income, franchise, personal property, real estate, etc.);
- Train and develop staff and cultivate a continuous process improvement culture;
- Analyze tax law changes and assess impact to Company;
- Responsible for Tax software applications;
- Complete other projects as required.
The qualified candidate will have 15+ years of experience in a mid- to large-size corporation (preferably an SEC registrant) or Big Four firm with increasing responsibility for the blend of tax disciplines - Federal, International, State & Local and Tax Controversy.
A successful candidate must have:
- Deep subject matter expertise in Corporate Tax, the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations, ASC 740, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and the ability to apply these principles and assist in the formulation of the company's tax strategy; possess substantial experience leading federal tax audits;
- The ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization, and with the tax team;
- Ability to demonstrate the business acumen and ability to apply judgment in formulating tax policy and procedures; and directs the implementation of those tax policies and procedures for the company;
- Familiarity with the calculation of foreign earnings and profits, foreign tax credit planning, UK, Canada, Mexico and Australian tax rules, and APB 23 are also requirements of this position.
- Finally, the individual must have prior experience directing and motivating a staff of tax professionals.
- Bachelor's degree and CPA (M.S. Tax preferred)
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.