Our multi-billion dollar, West coast client has been a regional leader for nearly 70 years. With several hundred locations, and an omni-channel presence, they continue to drive business growth while maintaining their commitment to sustainability and to the local communities they serve, donating over $2.5M annually.
The Director, Talent Acquisition provides leadership for the company’s recruiting activities and develops and maintains the company-wide recruitment strategy for regional, state-wide and nation-wide campaigns. The position creates innovative solutions to ensure the ability to recruit the best talent. The position leads, develops and coaches the Recruitment team to achieve and execute all the recruitment goals. This position develops metric-driven success measurements and monitors progress of the team throughout the year. The position oversees the on-boarding process for the entire company, ensuring that newly hired employees experience the best process possible and that all the necessary documents are completed and received.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop, execute, and maintain the recruiting strategy including social media initiatives, creative sourcing strategies, and leveraging technology to improve processes to decrease time to fill and total cost per hire.
- Build and execute an effective and efficient internal and external talent acquisition strategy and aligns the team’s execution to ensure recruitment meets and exceeds business objectives.
- Collaborate with recruiting managers and senior leadership enterprise-wide to develop a recruitment plan and to execute that plan to fill positions with the most qualified candidates.
- Collaborate with Corporate and Store recruiting efforts to achieve a timely approach to filling vacancies.
- Manage business relationships with hiring managers and key leaders by participating in departmental and/or individual meetings to develop an in-depth knowledge of their recruitment needs.
- Maintain a strong network of industry contacts for potential sourcing and hiring.
- Establish effective performance metrics and measures and reports through a dashboard to continually monitor and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the team against goals, successes and gap-analysis, identify trends and implement effective corrective measures.
- Develop and maintain behavioral questions for interviews; act as part of the team to interview prospective candidates in key searches and aid in the best selection process to meet the needs of company’s recruiting efforts.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge building a budget, understanding financial reports, forecasting and budget monitoring.
- Knowledge and utilization of the various systems at HR's disposal to ensure recruitment is using the best recruitment tools (e.g. advertising, e-advertising, networking, professional publications) based on job need.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and appropriately to a broad audience.
- Ability to influence others on key recruitment initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Solid mentoring, coaching and leading skills.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent business results under demanding timetables.
Education: Four-year college degree or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience
Experience: Eight years of directly related experience