Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN
Western, FL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN for a great opportunity in the Western, FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of current experience working in a Surgical Services Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN
- The Director of the Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations
- The Director of Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital-wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program that assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital's mission.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
Requirements of the Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred