Reporting to the CEO of an asset-based Truckload, flatbed & specialized carrier providing long-short haul, warehousing, storage, specialized, dedicated services, and brokerage with $ 100 million in revenue that has 250 tractors, with a mix of company and owner operator drivers, 600 total trailers; dry van, flatbed & drop-deck with 330 employees operating from 5 terminals.
The Director, Safety is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of programs and activities that lead to the prevention of accidents, incidents and events that harm people, property, or the environment, through the direction and management of a staff of 2 associates that are dedicated to the safety of teammates. Administers the overall safety and compliance as well as the driver training program, operating from 5 terminals with over 200 drivers (100 Company, 100 OO). Additionally, responsibilities include, DOT compliance of drivers, equipment, and facilities, including training of personnel, electronic driver log compliance, accident management, DriveCam follow up and terminal DOT, OSHA, and EPA audit. Challenge is to assure compliance of all regulatory requirement and development of one of the safest fleets in the industry. (Travel 25%)Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Class-8 transportation safety experience and/or- management (5 yrs.)
- CSA, FMCSA, DOT, HOS, ELD, EPA & OSHA knowledge
- Proactive and post active follow up with drivers utilizing Lytx, DriveCam & Omnitracs messages
- Demonstrated knowledge of Safety, Regulatory Compliance and Loss Control accountabilities that resulted in measurable improvements in metrics and efficiencies.
- Expert knowledge of functional application of DOT regulations and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in using technology to measure and improve safe driving behaviors.
- Controlled substances and alcohol screening programs and management training
- Driver training, medical qualification, licensing & ongoing certification requirements
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance requirements
- Residence: Roanoke, VA (relocation assistance)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- TMW Omnitracs, Lytx
- Haz-Mat certifications/experience
- CDS, CSP, ASP
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (i.e. Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation)
- Process oriented, with a proven ability to be a change agent capable of implementing change cross-functionally.
- Excellent communications (written, oral and presentation)
- Coach & mentor drivers
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Andrew Keenan
Truckload & Dedicated akeenan@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.168Click here to apply online