Summary of the Role
As the Director, Product Management, you will work directly with the CEO on the product strategy, design, customer validation and development of Exacto’s product, working closely with UX/UI designers, marketing, business development, and our software development team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning the strategic product vision and evangelizing that vision to both internal and external (customers, prospects, investors, partners, etc.) audiences.
- Translating that vision into a detailed product roadmap, following an agile development methodology of bi-weekly sprints.
- Managing our UX/UI designers to precisely design the user experience and test that experience with target end users.
- Conceptualizing a complex product, including the interactions of application interfaces for multiple user groups – from business users (e.g. recruiters, hiring managers, HR and talent acquisition professionals) to individual candidates.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of application functionality and testing that functionality with deep user feedback.
In order to execute on your responsibilities, you will interface with customers, prospects, and partners to understand user needs and customer use cases. In addition, you will work with sales, marketing, and our recruiting services team to understand customer needs, competitive trends and market evolution. You will interface with engineering and UX teams to execute on the platform product roadmap, as well as work with marketing to ensure alignment with external communication in terms of target markets, go-to-market strategy, product positioning, and key benefits. You will also serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product offering. The position reports directly to the CEO.
- Managing the product life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical product management activities. This includes acting as product owner.
- Working closely with marketing to ensure that the products are packaged and positioned accurately and in their best light.
- Acting as the subject matter expert on the product for Exacto.
- Working in an outbound capacity to provide domain expertise in support of sales and partner opportunities.
- Working closely with engineering and UX teams to provide the input needed to guide the product development effort.
- Brokering business partnerships including embedded technology and data providers.
- Developing business cases as needed for major new product initiatives.
- Prioritizing product requirements for new features by conducting market and customer research supported by on-going communications with customers, prospects and with internal customer-facing organizations.
- 3-5+ years of product management experience.
- Track record of platform roadmap definition and execution and a passionate commitment to customer experience and product quality.
- Demonstrated excellence in the areas of customer insight, strategic thinking, and product innovation.
- Experience in both B2B and consumer-facing online and mobile applications.
- Inherently collaborative nature. Ability to lead through effective presentation skills and partnership, enabling you to win hearts and minds of your peers to successfully execute a complex product roadmap.
- A high degree of autonomy, urgency and accountability to act quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and not afraid to make decisions.
- A./B.S. in Business, Computer Science or related fields. MBA, MS or equivalent degree preferred,
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area (Current offices located in Los Altos, but open to telecommuting or co-work arrangements).
Why Work Here
- Make a significant impact on a company and work directly with successful founders.
- Disrupt a legacy industry and define a new category of recruiting technology.
- Financial backing from a leading AI-focused tech fund.
- Develop deep expertise in AI, machine learning and other modern computing techniques.