Director Product Management - Molecular Expertise
Southern, AZ area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Director Product Management - Molecular Expertise for a great opportunity in the Southern, AZ area.
Responsibilities of the Director Product Management - Molecular Expertise
- This senior-level role owns the growth and profitability of a family of molecular software product lines from a product management perspective
- The individual in the role will maintain and execute business plans for existing products including business model, product offerings, product roadmaps, pricing strategies, forecasts in partnership with sales and finance, etc. In addition, this leader will develop and execute new product business plans taking into consideration market conditions, customer expectations, competitor market placements, distribution channels, financial and administrative implications, implementation costs, and overall corporate strategy.
- Set, communicate, drive & monitors product family strategic plan including the vision, goals initiatives that flow down to product line strategic plans. Contribute to product portfolio strategy
- Identify opportunities from market trends, develop market models for new target segments, oversee market/pricing research, and map competitive landscapes
- Engage with prospective and current clients to identify user and buyer personas, gather customer needs, gain input on feature prioritization and design, assist with product sales, address product satisfaction issues and build strategic relationships
- Maintain the product roadmap, drive release planning preparation, define the product epics and features and work collaboratively with product development to analyze requirements, document workflows, design features, provide business requirements for 3rd party products and sign off on product feature completeness
- Set and monitor market performance indicators such as product sales growth, upgrade adoption, support case volume, etc. and address areas of concern to continuously improve product family profitability
- Work closely with sales to support product training and demos, collaborate on completing RFPs, gather product feedback and analyze win/loss data
- Collaborate with marketing to define and execute product naming, positioning, messaging, thought leadership, and marketing plans
- Identify, negotiate and manage business partnerships with 3rd party vendors specific to your product family.
- Advise Product Managers on their partner agreements
- Excels at managing talent including hiring, motivating, mentoring, and developing high performers
- All other job duties as assigned
Requirements of the Director Product Management - Molecular Expertise
- 7 years’ experience with Product Management
- 5 years’ experience within the healthcare industry
- 3 years’ experience in molecular diagnostics ideally through working at one or more laboratories and/or software/instrumentation companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management / Engineering / Computer Science, Biological Sciences or related degree
- MBA and/or Master’s in Health Administration, Information Management, Engineering, Computer Science preferred
- Breadth of experience and/or education in molecular testing methods including PCR, Sequencing, Cytogenetics, CMA, PGx, etc.