Director Portfolio and Launch Management
IN Melville, NY
Our Company, develops, manufactures, and supplies high quality sterile injectable pharmaceutical drugs for healthcare providers, clinics, hospitals and veterinary practices across the United States and Canada. We have locations in New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania and sales territories nationwide.
Nature and Scope
The Director of Portfolio and Launch Management would be responsible for the strategic planning and management of the Company’s Multisource pipeline product portfolio. This individual works collaboratively with sales, marketing, contracts, analytics, business development, R&D and logistics teams to coordinate and execute strategies that will build and launch a prioritized portfolio of products on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops sound business case for the selection and prioritization of new molecules for the research and development pipeline that is aligned with meeting and exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Initiates and analyzes market research as needed, monitor’s competitive activity, and identifies customer/market needs.
- Prepares clear and logical financial models including NPV assessments of new products in development and updates them on a regular basis.
- Develops Commercial launch plans to ensure product launches occur on time. Escalates decisions to conduct pre-launch activities at risk when appropriate.
- Development and assessment of detailed business analytics to support strategic decision making
- Development of mid to long term revenue budget for new products
- Conduct regular reviews of the performance of the entire portfolio and escalate key issues as well as key opportunities
- Be an internal expert in identifying market needs and translating them into viable opportunities for the development of new products in the company’s target market segments.
- Demonstrate leadership within the company when working cross-functionally to address Multisource portfolio needs
- Conduct regular assessments of the progress and likely payback of each product in development to ensure resources are allocated appropriately.
- Develop plan for life cycle management of marketed products and ensure there are follow-on products in the pipeline to fill in gaps that are inevitably created as products mature and ultimately face increased generic competition.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the generic injectable pharmaceutical market is strongly preferred although other pharmaceutical product management experience will be considered as well.
- Bachelors’ degree in Science or Finance required, MBA preferred.
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines governing the promotion of pharmaceuticals.
- Proven ability to execute effectively against project plans
- Proactive leadership skills with the ability to manage high priority projects efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and offer feasible solutions.
- Provide examples of past success in strategic marketing and product management.
- Must be able to travel 20-25% of the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.