Director Patient Access & Eligibility
REMOTE Director Patient Access & Eligibility - Addiction Treatment
Now is an exciting time to join Strivant Health!
Does this describe you?
- A desire to be part of the addiction crisis solution. Our clients are transforming addiction from a human crisis to being recognized as a treated chronic disease. We are focused in partnership with our clients assisting them in expanding access to quality treatment for addiction services nationwide.
- A love of defining, developing and executing vision and strategy
- Be a part of knowledge sharing and open to new ideas!
- Leadership attitude - Inspire a highly-motivated team
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about mentoring relationships and providing quality services. You will be client and team centric and enjoy working in a fast paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment, as well as great communication and leadership skills.
If so, we'd like to hear from you. We are looking for like-minded individuals to become part of our dynamic, enthusiastic and growing team! Please submit your resume today.
Who we are:
Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Cash Applications, Collections, Call Center, Patient Conceirge, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, PTO.
Location: This position is a remote position working from home.
Travel: 15% to client locations or our Corporate office in Tinley Park, IL for trainings and meetings.
Hours: Monday - Friday. standard business hours
Status: Full Time, benefits eligible
The Director of Patient Access & Eligibility serves as a leader providing business insight and setting the preemptive direction on all aspects of operational services for clients to deliver SLA’s at or above expectations. Our clients are behavioral health substance abuse and addiction treament facilities in multiple states. The Patient Access & Eligibility team is responsible for patient registration, financial counseling, patient estimates and eligibility vendor management for optimal performance of the front-end registration process/revenue cycle for assigned clients. The team is also responsible for front-end data quality for the patient registration and authorization activities. The Director ensures these functions are performed efficiently and accurately, which includes maintaining an adequately trained staff to handle all types of patient needs. The Director identifies and implements new and emerging strategies to increase efficiency, improve processes and financial outcomes, and enhance the patient’s financial experience.
The Director performs leadership responsibilities on implementing, managing, and controlling company assets and people. This includes daily management of staffing, scheduling, and workflow issues related to Strivant Health’s patient access and eligibility activities. Including daily monitoring of both electronic and manual activities, ensuring complete pre-registration and authorizations received prior to service. This includes uninsured customers who are scheduled for services are screened and cleared for services through client financial advocacy programs. Provides routine reporting to leadership and clients regarding patient access and eligibility activities. The Director will manage teams onshore and offshore, directly, and indirectly. The focus is on defining and directing company resources to deliver exceptional client services.
- Responsible for management of on and offsite staff which may include Patient Access & Eligibility, and other operational service lines identified as necessary to deliver client SLA’s.
- Establishes systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes.
- Works effectively with cross company partners to execute divisional and departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
- Acts as an effective communication conduit horizontally and vertically throughout the organization.
- Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
- Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
- Establishes metrics that measure key business outcomes.
- Translates organization vision and strategies to department level and mobilizes allocated resources to achieve profitable growth.
- Effectively anticipates obstacles and barriers and works creatively to overcome them. Develop and implement action plans to address and improve deficiencies in process and performance as identified.
- Collaborates with on-and offsite resources in service delivery and problem solving to maximize solution offering and client satisfaction.
- Builds and maintains a high performing team, while developing the next set of leaders.
- Influences culture by communicating shared vision and inspiring team to commit to department plan programs. Translates shared vision/big ideas into practical action plan programs.
- Clearly defines exact standards of how their division(s) operate and how the client services are delivered.
- Designs, enhances, and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of the service lines assigned.
- Develops structure and staffing levels to support the client service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provides strategic leadership ensuring client SLAs and performance expectations are met and ensuring projects and initiatives are moving along as intended.
- 5 years of experience managing patient access & eligibility functions in multi-facility healthcare organization
- 3 years prior supervisory experience including training, mentoring, and coaching staff.
- 2 years of experience with patient access & eligibility in substance abuse & addiction treatment, preferred.
- 2 years of advanced multiple state Medicaid patient access experience, Medi-Cal experiene preferred.
- Prior experience managing hybrid, remote, multiple site location and offshore teams preferred
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare patient access & eligibility and reimbursement methodologies
- Previous experience with medical billing systems required, experience with Methasoft preferred.
- Ability to communicate and build trusting relationships with multiple Client team members at all levels and for numerous unique customers.
- Analytical ability sufficient to work in a data-heavy environment and to identify trends in the data.
- Understanding of government payers and other commercial/managed care carrier rules and processes in a professional billing environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize trends
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 15% travel as needed by airplane and automobile for onsite meetings or training sessions for Strivant Health business needs.
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Customer Service Rep, Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Scheduling Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Physician Billing, Hospital Billing, Patient Verification.
Job Type: Full-time
South Bend IN
Standard Business Hours
Monday - Friday