New Career Opportunity for a Director, Organizational Development!
This leader is responsible for enterprise-wide Talent Management and Organizational Development/Capability. Responsibilities of this position include owning, managing and coordinating key talent identification, review, assessment, development and movement within the organization. This role will be responsible for sustaining and improving the organizational development (OD) function within the organization, which is inclusive of leadership development, team development, organizational design consultation and workforce planning. In this role, the leader works closely with the VP of Talent Development, Diversity & Communications, and the Senior Vice President of HR as well as with key executives and HR partners.
• Provide strategic and operational direction for organizational development processes, ensuring that talent development processes and programs are designed to and deliver a diverse, promotable and engaged talent pipeline for business-critical roles.
• Manage and develop succession planning process for business-critical positions, reporting status and recommendations to senior leadership. Ensure high-quality succession plans are in place for business-critical roles and work with HR and senior leaders to assess opportunities to match top talent to business-critical positions.
• Define, regularly evaluate and oversee enterprise-wide talent management systems and processes necessary for the organization to execute the talent strategy, including individual development plans, performance management, onboarding and employee engagement.
• Set strategy for leadership development programs from first-time supervisors to executives.
• Oversee the design and execution of leadership development programs including gap analysis, curriculum design, and coordinating delivery for desired learner experience and learning outcomes, including key KPIs.
• Design development strategies for key talent that could include assessments and key, custom vendor engagements
Organizational, Job, and Competency Design
• Support enterprise and team organization design and change management efforts.
• Provide OD support for job proposals and headcount changes.
• Identify and build competency model(s) that underpins successful performance.
• Partner with business and HR to create associated job descriptions that include job responsibilities and tasks, accountabilities, and competencies.
• Apply knowledge of leadership competency frameworks and a variety of proven practices, tools, and techniques that help leaders develop in their jobs, with unique experiences and well-designed programs.
Industrial and Organizational (I/O) Research
• Provide peer-reviewed literature, benchmarking, trend, and best practice empirical data to leadership on relevant, current topics to create a strategic employee experience.
This position has three direct reports.
Required: • 10-15 years’ experience • 7+ years of experience leading enterprise-wide talent management programs • Must have strong leadership and communication skills coupled with strong listening skills • Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or related field. Master’s or above preferred • Assessment experience for development and/or selection including an understanding of Adverse Impact • Program management experience • Experience representing organization to customers partners, and/or industry • Strong business acumen, analytical skills, reliability and sound judgment • Diplomatic and articulate communication style with effective executive presence • Action orientation, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills • Comfortable with team-based decision-making and cross-functional collaboration • Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of management • Demonstrated ability to effectively manage high-volume workload and complex priorities • Proficiency in MS Office programs (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) • Certification in assessments including, but not limited to: DiSC, EQ-360, Myers Briggs, Hogan strongly preferred. Preferred: • Cloud HCM technology and use to create efficiencies • Global talent experience • Executive coaching experience • Experience leading large-scale change management initiatives • Public speaking experience • Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement within our client's framework • Experience implementing policies and procedures in a fast-paced environment