Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Operations Director. The type of individual that will succeed will have a can-do, no-excuse and driven hands on approach to Operations, Manufacturing and Leadership. The successful candidate will have ownership of financial forecasting for their area of responsibility. This position will oversee more than 20 indirect staff as well as 100+ union workers in a 24-7 operation, working closely with other functional directors and will report directly into the General Manger.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Experience with high-precision tolerance, high-quality parts and assembly manufacturing (aerospace preferred)
- Highly technical, Multi-product manufacturing experience
- Shared processing resource experience
- Operations and Capital Budgeting, Planning and Reporting experience with a strong emphasis on accurate one-month and rolling forecasts
- Management of operational hours and headcount
- Union management experience
- Highly organized and Results driven with a ‘never give up’ approach
- Data driven
- Change agent who is not afraid to challenge legacy processes and the status quo
- Visionary and Cutting Edge Technology-Savvy
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 10+ years hands-on, leading a precision and regulated manufacturing plant
- 5+ years of OpEx/CapEx budgeting, equipment sourcing and implementation (and project management) with proven results
- 5+ years of experience analyzing data and then presenting business cases to improve efficiency
- Several years with Digital Manufacturing and shop-flow optimization
- Direct Union Experience of units of 100+ including negotiations and managing grievances
- Lean and CI with hand-on experience participating Kaizen events (experience in leading events would be helpful)
- BSc in Engineering (Process, Industrial, Mechanical) or equivalent (P.Eng. preferred)
- MBA in Operations, Manufacturing or Supply Chain Management preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lean Certified Black Belt preferred
- P&L responsibility of >$50MM
- Several years in Aerospace product manufacturing
- SAP or other ERP roll out experience
- ISO and AS9100
- Experience dealing directly with Vendors and Customers to strengthen the supply chain
- Experience in a matrixed business structure
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.