This position is responsible for executing all initiatives and projects in support of the Manufacturing objectives implementing projects and initiatives across all plants to ensure short and long term Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measurements are achieved for the manufacturing function. This position is with the Business Team and will have critical involvement with development and execution of the manufacturing strategy. This position will have critical working relationships with the SVP of the Business, Quality, Engineering, R&T, Safety/Environmental, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Procurement Leaders to ensure the manufacturing function is fully leveraging these functional experts. This position is accountable and responsible for executing the required Standard Operating Procedures at each plant site to ensure safe operations environment while delivering the lowest manufacturing cost possible, meeting the product specification with lowest possible product variability, producing the order on time and in complete quantities and thus delivering customer delight. This position will have considerable influence on the plant managers and plant teams and will participate in each plants performance reviews.
- Execution of the Manufacturing strategic plans, budgets, capital plans and policy for the Manufacturing Plants
- Developmment and implementation of COGS initiatives.
- Maintaining Quality Systems and Processes
- Driving the Plant Manager’s Objectives, Goals, Measures, and Strategies ensure Best Practices at all Plants
- Execution of Health, Safety and Environmental Programs and Governmental Compliance
- Accountable for exhibiting and supporting World Class Leadership and Practices
- Identify and develop talent and create a viable succession plans for the Manufacturing function to mitigate operational risk
- Ensure manufacturing leaders provide full cycle performance management for direct reports, which includes: setting objectives, coaching and monitoring work in progress, coaching for career direction and skill development, providing formal feedback and recognition, communicating function’s strategic direction and progress against plans
- Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering – MBA preferred.
- 15 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment, Chemcal or Formaldehyde manufacturing is a definite plus.
- 3–5 years leading all aspects of manufacturing.
- Thorough understanding of financial analytics
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop innovative and strategic solutions
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including report writing and presentation skills
- Well-developed leadership skills required to lead a diverse team.
- Exceptional presentation and strategy skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with dynamic requirements and deadlines
- Ability to develop strategic frameworks, to identify critical issues, to develop analysis and formulate recommendations
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills required to effectively interact at the highest levels of the company and senior staff at major customers and suppliers.
- Proven ability to develop and drive effective collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across all functional business areas
- Ability to negotiate, to reason and influence at all levels
- Computers skills: Advanced PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational time/priority management skills to ensure that processes and reporting on inventory and other key performance indicators are monitored and kept current and available for senior management consultation
- Well developed strategic planning and execution skills to lead the manufacturing team and to consistently produce both short term and long term business results and value creation.
Typical office environment with 25% - 40% travel to different company locations.
Required to carry a cell phone and lap top computer to work remotely.
Reports to the VP of Manufacturing