Director, Mergers & Acquisition and Strategy
Magellan Aerospace Limited, Corporate
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Corporate has an exciting new opportunity for Director of Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategy. The successful incumbent will direct and coordinate activities of organization with plans to achieve growth and financial profitability via acquisition, merger and/or divestiture. The Director will plan and develop organization policies and goals, and implement goals through subordinate administrative personnel. They will play a key role in coordinating activities of divisions, such as operations, manufacturing, engineering, planning, sales, maintenance, or research and development, to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Focus on new markets, to increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in industry.
- Analyze strategic plan, division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget. Confers with administrative personnel, and reviews activity and operating reports.
- Interact with possible M&A targets, obtaining pertinent deal information and negotiating basic terms.
- Prepare various financial analyses, including analysis of growth, profitability, returns, investments, and cash flow. Develops financial models illustrating business dynamics on the organization and competitors.
- Assist in procuring deal flow and driving deals to completion including but not limited to legal, finance, HR. Coordinates, performs, and tracks business due diligence.
- Prepare and reviews confidentiality agreements, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, and other presentations as required
- Assist with risk management in transactions, tracking key performance indicators and presenting information to management
- Manage projects and policies related to mergers and acquisitions by analyzing strategy, executing transactions, and reporting on pending and historical activity for management.
- Degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration, a professional accounting designation.
- 10+ years’ experience in M&A execution and integration experience.
- Manufacturing experience is required. Aerospace or defense experience would be ideal.
- Extensive experience in corporate development.
- Deep understanding and experience with mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments including excellent M&A financial modeling skills, competitive analysis and valuation techniques.
- Ability to lead the negotiation of favourable terms and conditions of potential transactions, evaluating the impact on consolidated financials.
- Experience driving the legal documentation, due diligence, and transaction closing process through collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to close multiple complex deals with varying lead times.
- Experience delivering a superior level of service, support and insight to the Executive Team and Business Unit executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Exceptional project and people management skills.
- Outstanding presentation development and delivery skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgment when handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Must be willing and able to travel globally.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)