- Leads the direction and management of the Medical Staff Office in areas of medical staff administration, medical staff education, accreditation and regulatory compliance, facility based credentialing, privileging, performance improvement and information management.
- Participates in Medical Staff department and committee meetings as needed in relation to credentialing.
- Works with Medical Staff officers and departmental chairs regarding required duties to help them consistently perform their functions and assure compliance with the above.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Medical Staff Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred
- Medical terminology and computer knowledge, including word processing and database management.
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility and experience in Medical Staff Services, with 2 years of management or office management experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with physicians, physician office staff, department directors, administration, licensing and regulatory agencies, colleagues, and centralized processing center staff.
- Detail oriented with analytical skills.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS and Joint Commission standards, NPDB guidelines, hospital policies and procedures, and general licensing regulations.
Compensation: Salary range from $95K- $110K w/ up to 15% annual performance incentive. Relocation assistance available on a case-by-case basis.