Our client is a $25B, Fortune 100, industry-leader. They've delivered 15 years of same-store sales increases, a triple-digit bonus payout in 2020, and a similar projected bonus for 2021.
|As part of a reimagined Marketing team for two distinct brands, you and your sizeable team will develop and execute a laser-focused consumer marketing strategy, in part, by better leveraging data to determine the wants and needs of shoppers in over 20,000 stores. This is a high-profile role with a great deal of exposure to executive leaders.
In this essential leadership role, you'll assist the VP of Marketing to build annual plans for the overall key marketing initiatives, allocating advertising and store space, coordinating internal and supplier-led shopper marketing programs, ensuring long-term strategic plans are in place, and overseeing the execution process to ensure seamless integration downstream for all in-store, print and direct mail initiatives. You'll also lead the day-to-day operations of their internal media agency, including media partners and CPG.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct a team of shopper marketing and ad planners (6) to ensure plans are well thought out, integrated, and deliver ROI so that long- and short-term deadlines are met with little to no customer impact.
- Manage the shopper marketing agency to deliver a calendar of seasonal and customer-relevant ideas that can be executed across touchpoints and align with the company's brand framework.
- Coordinate with merchandising and key marketing partners to produce creative plans and promotions that deliver against traffic, sales, and margin goals.
- Create ad space and off-shelf space allocation based on diligent analytics to improve company performance.
- Communicate regularly and align with senior leaders on marketing strategies and promotional plans.
- Oversee post-analysis of shopper marketing performance metrics and recommend ongoing improvements.
- Ensure marketing plans are aligned and can be executed by store operations.
- Direct CPG monetization and shopper marketing co-op processes, including annual strategy for CPG engagement, planning sales campaign execution and performance, and revenue/payments from CPG/3rd part partners.
- High level of exposure to SVP/EVP leaders.
- B.A. and/or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience with responsibility for shopper marketing or promotional planning and program development.
- Retail experience with the development of marketing programs. Experience executing in-store/direct mail/circulars.
- Experience managing a creative agency is a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking and setting and meeting priorities.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships with internal clients and external vendors.
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
Must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination required. Request for medical or religious accommodation must be made before the start date.