Our Fortune 300, $15B client is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year after year and record-breaking earnings for 2021. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
DIRECTOR MARKETING ANALYTICS & INSIGHTS
customer insights ♦ performance measurement ♦ marketing technology
REPORTS TO: Vice President Marketing
This is a highly visible, influential role and a unique opportunity to define the strategic vision and roadmap for a data-driven Voice of the Customer Center of Excellence for a Fortune 200, $15B industry leader. You'll have the autonomy to grow your team and continue building the necessary infrastructure to help the enterprise learn more about their customers and what drives them across all touchpoints.
As part of a data-driven organization, you will report to the VP Marketing and lead the team that employs data to develop and present stories that drive marketing and business strategies. You will structure and manage projects that translate data into actionable insights, effectively bringing the voice of the customer to life for the enterprise.
With responsibility for independent and collaborative insights generation on customer segments, categories, and markets, you will be the lead for analysis and reporting needs by the Marketing team, cross-functional stakeholders, and executive leadership team members. You will drive sales forecasting and planning, the management of analytics tools and platforms, and guidance for Marketing campaign effectiveness.
A self-motivated, solid leader, you will be a critical thinker who can effectively communicate, bridging the gap between business and technology teams and regularly interfacing with company executives. You'll have the ability to take on multiple strategic and tactical projects driven by a strong quantitative background and an active curiosity about consumer behavior.
- Manager Insights >>> Associate Insights
- Manager Reporting >>> Senior Analyst (2)
- Manager Marketing Technology
Note: The VP Marketing will empower you to reorganize the team in a way that aligns with your strategic vision and roadmap.
- Develop Customer Intelligence as a critical source of customer-related business decisions.
- Serve as a Voice of the Customer across the enterprise, identifying, analyzing, and delivering compelling customer insights that drive clear business actions and outcomes.
- Oversee customer segmentation strategy and development; support the in-market execution of those segments/personas with key stakeholders.
- Drive the adoption of best practice consumer research techniques and innovation – examples include consistency in brand equity measurement, offer testing, sales forecasting, communication testing, and more.
- Lead the management of existing measurement tools and capabilities, like media mix modeling; establish new tools and metrics, such as Customer Lifetime Value, that provide a more holistic customer view.
- Implement an insight plan to monitor customer and marketplace trends and competitive dynamics; transform data into actionable customer insights, influencing decisions and behaviors of cross-functional leadership.
- Bring DIY and Commercial customers (and various segments of each, including loyalty, lapsed, etc.) to life via research and reporting.
- Lead the design of the marketing channel and overall performance measurement framework.
- Oversee development of consistent marketing analytics reporting and dashboards, delivering them to management and the supporting teams.
- Lead relevant external vendor relationships/products, including Marketing Mix Model, syndicated and panel data, and agency analytics.
- Analyze and understand KPIs and the key drivers of performance for marketing channels and programs, including loyalty rewards.
- Attract, retain, and grow a proactive, collaborative, and high-performing team.
- Continually seek ways to optimize and automate processes and ensure the adoption of best practices.
- Act as a thought partner with all areas of the company, including executive leadership, operations, merchandising, marketing, and e-commerce.
Position Skills and Requirements
- BA/BS in a quantitative field, business, or marketing.
- Extensive experience in a data-driven environment with demonstrated ability to extract, process, and interpret data and develop it into actionable insights.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, data visualization/dashboard tools, and consumer research best practices.
- Leadership and team-building experience in highly cross-functional and complex work environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills.
- Skilled at synthesizing insights, visualizing findings, and storytelling with data in PowerPoint.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Full-time Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield); State Medical Coverage (MedEnroll); CA Fully Insured Medical
- Dental, Vision & Prescription Drugs (CVS Health)
- 401(k) Plan Employee, Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Health Reimbursement Account (HRA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)