Reporting to the CHRO for a specialized manufacturing company that is a leading service provider of engineered components, products, and solutions for the building and housing industries. Generates $550 million revenues with 2,800 associates in North America. Their vision is to make every home and building in North America better. Their mission is to create long term value for their shareholders, customers, employees, families, suppliers and communities through a culture of innovation, empowerment and trusted results, and providing the broadest, highest quality product portfolio in the industry.
Director Human Resources provides generalist HR leadership for a key manufacturing location with approximately 600 employees. Includes 3 direct reports & 1 indirect report. Partners with the site leader to deliver business and people strategies. On the location leadership team and collaborates with department heads, HR resources and employees to ensure the successful performance of the site. Acts as a first point of contact for all human resources related issues including but not limited to employee engagement, talent management including acquisition at all levels , absence management, performance management, communications, effective roll-out of corporate wide HR initiatives and programs, timekeeping for payroll, benefits administration, employee development including production training, superior ethics, inclusion and equity and ensuring legal compliance in employment practices. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- HR responsibility in a leadership capacity (10 years).
- Success leading and working in a manufacturing environment with high employee engagement (4yrs)
- Built a safety culture with familiarity with regulations in manufacturing.
- Employee Relations principles, practices, methods, and programs.
- Employment and labor laws regulations procedures and standards.
- Developed and presented communication sessions, workshops, and seminars.
- Made administrative & procedural decisions on confidential issues.
- Managed multiple HR & Safety related objectives and projects.
- Provided timely input & reporting (i.e.payroll, comp., benefits, KPIs & HR systems).
- Managed recruitment process (sourcing, posting, behavioral interviewing, testing)
- Administered Performance Management Program and Salary Administration program.
- Ensured regulatory & legislative requirements compliance for facility (Postings, EEO1, FMLA, ADA).
- Facilitated engagement and recognition events.
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Computer Proficient: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Education: Bachelors Degree (i.e Human Resource Management Business Management
- Residence: Greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area (Relocation assistance possible).
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Administered time keeping systems to support payroll processing, and benefits administration
- Advanced degree: MBA or MS (with HR emphasis)
- Self-motivated in taking initiative to achieve results with minimum supervision.
- Strong communication, influence and relationship-building at all levels (local site and corporate)
- Worked effectively with a diverse range of employees.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and activities concurrently.
- Problem solving, negotiation, and people management
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online