Title: Sr. Director, Global Compensation
Location: Gaithersburg, MD/Remote Flexibility
Contact: Matt Hoefling
Sr. Director, Global Compensation
Reporting to the CHRO, the Senior Director, Compensation will be responsible for all compensation programs and systems for the organization. This individual will set strategy to develop and maintain competitive base and incentive compensation structures (including stock and bonus programs) designed to attract and retain exceptional talent. This position will ensure that the Client’s compensation program is forward-thinking, competitive and support the company’s business and talent strategy by attracting the best talent, helping the business grow in new areas, supporting a competitive market position and driving company performance, culture, and employee engagement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and implement a global compensation philosophy and strategy and identify operational initiatives, processes, and plans necessary to achieve the strategy
- Leads the compensation team in designing market competitive programs
- Create a competitive base pay compensation structure and manage its communication to employees
- Work with senior leadership to define the compensation philosophy for the organization
- Perform competitive analysis and recommend annual stock and bonus targets, or potential modifications to existing programs
- Lead all aspects of the annual performance rewards program
- Develop, communicate, and maintain effective employee recognition programs
- Create presentations for senior leadership and Board of Directors on relevant compensation topics
- Work with consultants on annual compensation review
- Conduct periodic internal equity reviews
- Develop competitive variable and premium pay policies for the organization (i.e., shift differential, holiday pay, call-in pay, etc.
- Work collaboratively with HR colleagues, Legal, and Finance on all compensation related matters as appropriate.
- Drive a compensation strategy that supports the company’s business and talent acquisition strategies to attract a highly diverse, market-leading, multi-national workforce.
- Develop and build relationships with key business leaders and HR teammates so that strategies reflect the needs of the many stakeholders at the company.
Demonstrated experience and relevant expertise in the design and implementation of effective compensation programs, preferably in the biotechnolo
- Requires BA/BS degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other related discipline
- Requires 10+ years of applicable industry experience and 5 or more years of leadership experience
- Expertise in global compensation programs
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with senior leadership, managers, and employees
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and work effectively with staff from other departments