Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Director, Finance at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Director of Finance to join our site leadership team.
The Director, Finance has overall responsibility for the Finance department. The incumbent will be responsible for safe guarding the financial assets of the company and ensuring that the business remains a significant going concern. This position requires continual analysis of business threats and opportunities, and how they impact the business. Analysis of business trends such as sales, cost of sales, cash, inventory, etc. is necessary to ensure that risks and opportunities are identified and managed appropriately.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Director, Finance works with the Finance managers to ensure that all financial aspects of the business are properly managed.
- Review cash/asset trends for risks and opportunities. Analyze financial performance and project outcomes. Develop and put into action initiatives to positively influence cash/asset position.
- Review business risks and opportunities and their impact on profit through analysis of financial performance and business issues. Collaborate within a team to develop action plans to maximize profit, customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
- Overall responsibility for developing financial budgets and forecasts. Review and assess financial performance to budget/forecast and take appropriate actions to ensure the business operates to budget/forecast.
- Provide financial and business information, including long term budgets, as part of the strategic planning process.
- Project management; supervision of personnel involved in detailed development and management of significant Finance projects.
- Act as Financial liaison with Corporate head office; provide and receive financial information from Corporate head office. Prepare financial information, and or answer financially related questions.
- Responsible for managing the Finance department; mentoring and motivating the team to ensure that this department meets the service expectations of other departments and the business overall.
- Degree specializing in finance, accounting, commerce, or equivalent.
- Accounting designation of Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a senior manager in the business or equivalent experience in the manufacturing industry is required.
- Experience in role(s) with overall responsibility for accounts, budgeting and forecasting, cost accounting, credit and collections, cash management, and finance. Preferably in an organization with annual sales of over $100 million.
- Preferential assets include experience and education relating to IT, project management, manufacturing and investment.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, and demonstrated financial analysis capabilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent business acumen, with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly analytical with well-developed reasoning and decision-making skills, including strategic thinking, information gathering and problem solving.
- Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, including expertise with Excel.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.