Our client is a multi-billion-dollar, Fortune 500 company headquartered in Northern, California, with a large portfolio of store locations.
DIRECTOR FINANCE-PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT
Responsible for reviewing, reporting, analyzing and coordinating all aspects of the Property Development occupancy budgets for all stores. The Director will assist the VP Property Management with fiscal year budgeting; long range financial planning and analysis; and forecasting change and trends. Represent Property Development under the direction of the VP at Finance meetings including weekly expense forecasts, month end close, monthly capital forecasts, capital expenditure reviews, annual and five-year plan budgeting meetings, etc. Responsible for adherence to all Finance policy and procedure. Partner with business partners in the division on Property Development projects to deliver actionable reporting tools which deliver insights to help drive on-time, on-budget results. The role requires a thorough understanding of financial reporting, including financial statements and financial performance metrics. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to partner effectively with stakeholders across the organization. Reports to the Vice President of Property Management and will interact frequently with executives across the Company.
- Overall responsibility for expense forecasting and planning store costs. Provides financial analysis to VP Property Management to assess actual expenditure performance against budgets and forecasts and evaluate impacts. Reviews and/or prepares company financial data and reports required to produce monthly financial overviews for stores expenditures against budgets.
- Lead month end close activities in accordance with corporate timeline and policies. Ensure all accruals, journal entries and variance analyses are accurate and submitted timely. Review supporting documentation for accruals and reclasses for areas of responsibility.
- Independently design and execute complex ad hoc analysis; gather necessary data; summarize insights; and create clear written communication documents to present findings to senior and executive leadership.
- Acts as liaison with all Property Development departments regarding Finance policy and procedure; and company system input and change.
- Recruit, coach and develop a high performing team to maximize performance and value addition to the company while maintaining high morale. Drive standardization of finance activities and scalable routines, including development of training guides and work step instructions. Provide backup coverage as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the VP.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in Lease or Property Management Accounting in a corporate environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Polished communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience demonstrating good organizational skills.
- Experience with Access data base and Peoplesoft financial reporting systems.