Our west coast, $1B client is the fastest-growing leader in their business segment with over 600 stores in the US and Canada. Their culture is one that encourages a high degree of collaboration, creativity, and teamwork, and they offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extras like a masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
This is a newly created, high-impact role, reporting to the VP Finance, and leading the external financial reporting team to provide timely and accurate reports to the SEC and other stakeholders, in accordance with GAAP. In this role, you will also identify and analyze accounting developments that may impact the company. Additionally, you will:
- Develop goals and plans with consideration to overall company objectives.
- Drive change; identify areas for business/financial accuracy, process and efficiency improvements, working with all levels of management.
- Manage the external (quarterly and annual) review/audit process and liaise with external auditors and consultants.
- Prepare and file the quarterly and annual reports (similar format/content as Forms 10-Q and 10-K) accurately in a timely manner.
- If/when they become a public company, manage the Form 10-Q /10-K (including XBRL tagging) filing process.
- Use knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations and guidelines to determine the qualitative and quantitative impact on Company.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document findings in a clear and concise technical position paper.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team through delegating challenging tasks and empowering them to make decisions; foster a fair, respectful, and supportive environment while providing honest and direct feedback.
- Anticipate changing priorities and effectively adjust and communicate plans to all affected teams.
- Stay current on the retail industry - competitors, trends, P&L components, and business in general.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field with CPA.
- 7-10 years of audit-related experience.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience, supporting public companies; retail client experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
Their HQ has been described as a work environment that encourages a high degree of collaboration, creativity, and teamwork. They adhere to five basic principles:
Their goal is to provide outstanding customer service to both their customers and associates.
An open office environment and quarterly meetings ensure that HQ associates are always in the loop. In addition, their stores meet by district twice a year to make sure field associates stay ahead of the game.
Development and Recognition
Hard work does not go unnoticed with a quarterly celebration for newly promoted associates and their Individual and Team Impact Awards.
The established a company foundation to raise funds and partner with non-profit organizations dedicated to helping women and changing lives. They also help those who are less fortunate in their local communities.
They work hard but have fun too!
- Medical: includes preventive care, urgent care, maternity care, mental health, hospital coverage, prescription drug coverage and more. HMO, PPO and traditional Indemnity plans are available depending upon work location.
- Dental Insurance: includes preventative care, as well as acute care and orthodontia coverage. Network and Indemnity plans are available depending upon work location.
- Vision Insurance: covers annual eye exams, as well as offering a discount on frames, lenses and contact lenses when using preferred providers.
- Life: Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage is issued at no cost to employees. In addition, employees are given an opportunity to apply for additional coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: provided at no cost to employees.
- 401(k) Savings Plan: All employees who meet eligibility requirements may invest in the Company 401(k) Plan. Employees may roll over a 401(k) balance from a previous employer at any time.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Employees may apply for Tuition Reimbursement for qualified courses and college degree programs after 6 months of service. Tuition and books are covered with some restrictions, and all covered fees are reimbursed after completing the qualified course with a satisfactory grade.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers employees and their family’s free confidential assistance for issues involving emotional well-being, finances, legal, addiction and recovery, education and more. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, either by phone or through up to 3 in-person visits per year.
- Child Care: Employees are eligible for a discount at participating KinderCare locations nationwide.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.