endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Large International Automotive company is looking for an Engineering Director in the Toledo Ohio facility. The Director will provide leadership in the application engineering area with primary responsibility of applying the company’s products consistently across our global customer’s vehicle platforms, as well as coordinate cross-functional engineering activities in support of the launch process throughout its product life cycle.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct a team of chief engineers applying light driveshaft, axle, electrified driveline products and technologies to its OEM customer’s vehicles, overseeing key decisions on proposals inclusive of sizing and product requirements. Influence the design of future products based on emerging customer needs and market awareness.
- Lead the global customer design review process and support launch activity ensuring robust products based upon inputs from the customer, including warranty, quality and manufacturing.
- Aggregate and submit area’s annual budgets, as well as active monitoring throughout the year.
- Ensure customer needs and concerns are communicated throughout all levels of the organization both verbally and through various written texts and presentations.
- Engage in APQP, DVP&R and FMEA reviews. Maintain metrics ensuring associated timeliness.
- Review customer vehicle warranty data and oversee needed engineering countermeasures for improvement.
- Actively support Value Analysis and Value Engineering efforts including Lean & BlackBelt initiatives. Guide appropriate Value Stream Mapping.
- Reinforce procedures that allow for continual QS-9000/TS-16949 Training, APQP, engineering principles
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- 10+ years experience in automotive drivetrain, powertrain manufacturing or related product/process engineering.
- 5+ years management experience required (preferably at a director’s level).
- Design Review, APQP, DVP&R, and FMEA experience required.
- An understanding of financial analysis concepts and budget management.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.