endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Join a $15B global leader, exploding with growth. This is a very high profile and newly created Senior Executive Leadership opportunity.
Job Title: Director Engineering - Global Software Engineering
Functional Department: Systems and Software Engineering
The Director of Global Software Engineering will implement software competency strategies within the PowerDrive Systems Business Unit that fulfill the product leadership proposition in electrification.
He/she is responsible to lead, build, align and drive a dynamic and growing global cross functional teams to address the discipline of Software Engineering and development including the related processes according to an Automotive Spice framework as well as the software domain know-how in terms of technology, architecture, and concepts. This organization will operate on a global scale to support our location footprint as well as our global customer base.
He/she will assess the market for competitive intelligence and technology trends with recommendations for PowerDrive Systems actions to develop new growth opportunities. He/she will lead, empower, and motivate global teams of software engineering professionals in the design and development of products and technologies that meet the evolving needs of our customers and attract top talent in building the resource capability within this agile organization. He/she will define and implement technical and innovative strategies that establish and protect PowerDrive Systems market positions.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and set forth a clear and unified vision for the global functional engineering teams across the Software
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative global software engineering strategy in a timely and cost-effective manner, establishing the competency development roadmap and overseeing the execution, while leading the continuing advancement of PowerDrive Systems core technology which supports the business strategy in
- Develop and implement an organizational strategy to support customers and projects in all regions by building a highly efficient global
- Elevate the global Software development to the next level including AUTOSAR (conventional and adaptive), Cyber Security, Functional safety. Explore adoption of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning into software
- Drive the different facets of software engineering including Software architecture, AUTOSAR based development, complex device drivers, platform concepts, communication protocols, low level, basic and application software
- Develop concepts for selling software as a
- Build and lead the global team for software engineering execution, which drives the synthesis to balance and drive reliable software
- Provide technology leadership, engineering guidance, and mentoring to the software competency
- Establish engineering methods and design guides to produce high quality work that supports the product launches and oversees that it meets customer and internal design quality and cost
- Lead the global talent & technical direction of the global software engineering teams. Focus on the development of talent within the organization to ensure that a robust pipeline of skilled leaders is available to meet the expected growth of the organization. Effectively communicate expectations of performance and manage, evaluate, monitor, and develop the employees under the incumbent’s influence/control to ensure their maximum contribution to the achievement of the PowerDrive Systems technology strategy and business goals. Leverage succession planning to provide for the continuing renewal and achievement of the talent strategy.
- Foster the collaborative development environment for project teams. Consider and seek out the impact of his/her actions with other engineering leadership. Actively seek collaboration with internal and external team
- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with customers, leadership, peers and broader engineering teams, research, business, and design to define product requirements and architecture, to ensure business growth and
- Drive alignment across cross-functional teams in meeting program objectives and ensuring product cost, manufacturability, quality, and go-to-market strategies are
- Monitor the marketplace relative to the performance of competitors' products, planned customer applications, and emerging new technologies and trends to ensure a competitive position in the
- Develop, implement, and obtain performance and non-financial objectives that complement the PowerDrive Systems business strategy and goals of the
- Oversee the engineering budget across this global
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications)
- Master’s in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with focus on electric powertrain systems, software, and complex automotive embedded systems (preferred). A stronger orientation towards software engineering and software development practices is a
- 12+ Years of experience in automotive powertrain and vehicle electrification technology, with specific experience in complex software driving mechatronics, electrical machines, power electronics software integration and execution
- 7+ years of experience in engineering leadership roles within the automotive industry (either at a Tier-1 or Tier-2 supplier), where you launched product into mass production
- Comprehensive understanding and leadership of Software development methodology, Functional Safety and related norms and processes, and powertrain technology requirements for OBD, diagnostic, security
- Experience in selling software as a product preferred
- Extensive software level development experience on product level integrating electronics hardware and
- Proven and successful record leading a software engineering development team with strong team building and motivational skills, with a visionary approach to further develop our people, organization, and product strategy
- Demonstrated excellence in technical presentation, conceptual and analytical skills, with the capability to make decisions and influence others of the validity of those decisions
- Excellent capability to effectively communicate and clearly articulate strategic product / technology roadmaps
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; able to leverage the knowledge of subject matter experts to come to a point of view and navigate a path forward
- Ability to drive consensus at levels (parallel, upwards, and downwards) in a complex organization, and drive execution based on decision
- Working knowledge and experience with acquisition integration initiatives and synergistic activities
- Global Experience, works well with multiple regions and multiple cultures
- Willingness to travel extensively and be on call is preferred, with ability to travel 40% of the time
- Fluent in English Mastery of a second language is preferred
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.