With several hundred locations and an 80 year history of growth, our client is the #2 retailer in their business segment. Compensation package includes bonus, long-term incentives and a robust relocation package.
The Director Ecommerce Marketing is responsible for driving awareness, site traffic, and consumer adoption of their website. The successful candidate will lead a team in the development of site marketing solutions to drive traffic and customer behavior for successful outcomes. The team is responsible for leveraging and developing customer segments to drive personalization, managing earned/owned media channels (SEO), onsite promotions, site content strategies, site creative and search, and navigation optimization. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and strengthening cross-functional relationships with Marketing and Merchandising.
- Manage team of 2 direct reports and indirect team of 8-10: Manager Omnichannel and Manager Digital Design.
- Set and drive strategies, as well as, establish success metrics for E-Commerce marketing efforts while ensuring support of broader Omnichannel goals.
- Drive overall E-Commerce strategy development and annual business plan development with the broader E-Commerce Team.
- Work closely with Marketing department to maintain consistent messaging between store and web and to develop programs to drive traffic from web to store.
- Drive the planning and execution of site marketing, planning and promotions. Ensure the use of user segmentation to create personalized content and promotions.
- Oversee A/B Testing to ensure performance and execution of A/B testing strategy.
- Work closely with web site analytics to understand the impact of all marketing activities and to understand hurdle rates for new activities.
- Stay abreast of changes in the online marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with internal/external business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and drive a team.
- Thoughtful and innovative thinker with excellent problem solving skills who can execute solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage change while still maintaining careful attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Capable of interacting with multiple levels within an organization and communicating company goals to external organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Online Retailing, Information Systems or similar field of study required.
- Master of Business Administration preferred with focus in Marketing or similar.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated history with B2C marketing activities in a multi-channel retail environment including, but not limited to:
- A/B Testing