Title: Director, East Coast Distribution Operations
Reports To: VP Logistics
Supervises: Distribution Managers and 3rd Party Logistics Management
Location: South River, NJ General Summary:
SPARC Group LLC is an operating partner to global brands, providing retail and ecommerce management, sourcing, design and other operational and administrative support. It currently operates Aeropostale, Nautica and Lucky Brand in the United States and Puerto Rico. SPARC Group LLC is owned, through its parent company SPARC Group Holdings LLC, by Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group. With Aeropostale, Nautica and Lucky combined, SPARC Group operates retail locations, a strong wholesale business with thousands of points of sale in the U.S., and the ecommerce platforms for all brands. The Simon Property and ABG joint venture also own the Forever 21 and Brooks Brothers brands.
The Director of East Coast Distribution Operations is responsible for managing the third party vendor relationship in an owned facility, as well as oversee remote 3rd Party operations to receive, process and ship merchandise to our retail stores and ecommerce customers for a combination of our brands. The Director will collaborate with the West Coast Distribution Director and corporate partners in the strategic planning of the distribution center operations. They will be held accountable for service level performance and adhering to budgetary requirements. The successful candidate will bring retail and ecommerce distribution experience, and a drive to own the operation.Position Responsibilities:
• Develop plans and facilitate the communication of Aéropostale, Nautica, and Lucky Brand retail and ecommerce requirements to our third party contractors, including receipt plans, floor set programs, shipping schedules and the prioritization of workload.
• Act as a liaison between the East Coast Distribution Center and Corporate Production, Allocation, Store Operations, Ecommerce and the IT.
• Develop direct reports to own aspects of the process and reporting.
• Make certain all retail orders are received, processed and shipped within SLA’s.
• Ensure ecommerce orders are shipped on time and meet the customer requirements.
• Manage vendor compliance programs including communicating requirements with the Merchandising and Production teams and communicating compliance issues with vendors.
• Identify and share key metrics with our internal and remote third party contractor and monitor performance to ensure all Service Level Agreements are adhered too.
• Track and publish daily KPI’s, and take action to correct areas that do not meet expectations
• Develop new methods to improve the efficiency of the operation
• Serve as the contact person for the third party contractor for issues pertaining to the mechanical and systems that operate in the Distribution Center.
• Manage to an established budget.Position Requirements:
• Must have 7-10 years of logistics experience in an automated facility
• Knowledge of the entire retail and ecommerce fulfillment process, from receiving, processing to shipping
• Experience working with 3PL’s is preferred
• Strong collaboration, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• A college degree is requiredSPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online