Director Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit CVICU Registered Nurse RN
San Antonio, TX
Currently seeking talented and dedicated Director Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit CVICU Registered Nurse RN for a great opportunity in the San Antonio, TX area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Director Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit CVICU Registered Nurse RN
- Reports to the Senior Director, Vice President, and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s).
- Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- Models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
Requirements of the Histology Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing REQUIRED as the facility will be going for Magnet status
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field
- 1-year management experience as a charge RN, clinical care manager/supervisor, or manager
- 3+ years recent RN acute care experience
- Must have a current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
- Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire