Director, Business Development
The Director, Business Development is responsible for marketing and selling Clinlogix’s services to the medical device, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Achieve the sales revenue goals established for the Director, Business Development’s targeted territory.
- Coordinate and manage the development and delivery of proposals delivered to targeted accounts and prospective accounts.
- Enter and update all client information (including: appointments, email communications, opportunities, and other relevant activities) into the Clinlogix standard CRM tool (Salesforce.com) on a frequent and consistent basis (daily).
- Create new prospective client leads for the company by attending trade shows, networking, cold calling, emails and other methods.
- Develop strategies for establishing partnerships and business relationships to market services.
- Collaborate with internal team (and possibly external partners) in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models.
- Seek out and research prospective projects through making phone calls, traveling, attending conferences, and utilizing the Internet.
- Manage relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the medical device, biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
- Provide support to upper management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development projects.
- Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future business needs.
- Provide guidance and support to junior business development staff, if applicable.
- Research and learn about new emerging technologies and trends.
- Comply with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs).
- Behave in a cooperative and constructive manner; follow all company policies, state, local, federal and other applicable laws and guidelines; comply with any and all job-specific requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of two years of direct selling experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy
- High degree of tact, judgment and discretion
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance (driving is required)
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Domestic and international travel required.