Director, Business Development - Software Solutions - Intelliware - Toronto
This exciting opportunity is all about selling SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT solutions to major corporate clients e.g. building custom mobile, contactless software products for banks and insurance companies; replatforming legacy systems onto cloud based, digital first platforms for financial services and healthcare companies; building the back-end of a low latency, high frequency streaming platform for a new start-up. Are you the type of person who has always opened doors? Can you manage personal relationships with senior business executives and provide high-level project management oversight to IT teams? Are you interested in leading the Business Development efforts for a Tier One software development company with a long track record of success? We have a solid team of over over 80 full-time software delivery experts working on some of this country's biggest IT projects. We have not missed a beat in 2020 and have new growth opportunities on our minds. We need you to help open new business channels and secure "clients who wish they had found us earlier" across Canada, the U.S. and around the world. No project is too large ... no relationship is too small.
The Director, Business Development plays a key role in sourcing new business and managing client business and IT relationships.
Salary: $100,000 to $125,000 base salary with additional upside based on performance. The salary, and structure, are flexible. For the right person we are happy to work with you to develop a winning formula.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Identifying and supporting new business pursuits via proposals, RFP's, pitch meetings, etc.
- Managing all aspects of client sales including prospecting, consulting, advancing and closing sales leads
- Building strong client relationships to identify and secure new projects with existing accounts
- Ensuring client relationship and project success through a strong focus on delivery
- Providing strategic vision, guidance and recommendations based on business and technical drivers
- Managing relationships with teams and clients, ensuring a high degree of engagement and a shared understanding of strategy, implementation and delivery realities
- Active leadership role in business development coaching for delivery staff
- Key role in contributing to the ongoing development of sales and marketing materials
‘Must Have’ Skills/Experience:
- Proven sales/pre-sales and/or consultant experience for software development (or similar) services
- Proven experience with solution selling, account development and traditional sales
- Proven client-facing, partnership and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of technology and current technology landscape
- Strong facilitation, planning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of: Business, Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science (or equivalent education/experience)
‘Nice to Have’ Skills/Experience:
- Existing network of technology and/or business buyers of software services or similar
- Experience in team-based delivery of solutions
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development
- Best practices in product development and technical product marketing
- Experience designing/developing business requirements
At Intelliware, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a top-notch team working with a wide range of clients on complex custom software solutions. We have a collaborative team-based Agile environment where you’ll find learning opportunities and challenging work. Our project teams work closely with client subject matter experts, end users and IT teams to deliver anything from proof-of-concept prototypes to bulletproof, long living, high volume production applications. We build software that enables organizations in complex industries to achieve their business objectives. Invest in enterprise-grade software solutions that deliver substantive business value and enduring competitive advantage. We have helped our Clients set technical strategy, adopt Agile practices, and build a wide variety of systems, solutions, and products using any number of different technologies.
Intelliware is committed to diversity in the workplace. We are an inclusive employer and welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Applicants’ needs will be accommodated during our recruitment and selection process so please advise us if you require accommodation.CONTACT:
Jeff Richmond email@example.com
Please apply using the links on this page or directly at www.nafor.com/jobs
For additional information please go to: www.nafor.com/iw1 Click here to apply online