Title: Director- Product Integrity, Sustainability & Social Compliance
Department: Legal & Compliance
Reports To: SVP- General Counsel
Supervises: Associate Manager- Product Integrity & Sustainability and Associate Manager- Vendor Compliance & Testing
Brand: Corporate Support / Aeropostale / Lucky Brand / Nautica
Location: Lyndhurst, NJGeneral Summary:
The Director of Product Integrity, Sustainability & Social Compliance serves as a subject matter expert and key decision maker in developing and executing the standards, policies and strategies for SPARC Group’s product quality, sustainability and social compliance programs. This passionate leader works collaboratively with internal business partners, as well as, with vendors, suppliers and service providers to ensure that SPARC’s quality, regulatory, performance, sustainability and other compliance standards and goals are achieved. Position Responsibilities:Product Integrity
• Oversee product integrity and compliance for SPARC Group brands (Aeropostale, Lucky Brand and Nautica) including providing technical expertise and support throughout the product life cycle, managing full scale product testing and inspection programs, and revising and developing policies related to product integrity.
• Work with internal business partners and vendors to investigate and resolve product performance matters.
• Conduct trainings and regularly educate on SPARC Group’s product integrity policies.
• Perform other duties related to product integrity, as directed by supervisor.Sustainability
• Lead the internal Sustainability Council in identifying and developing SPARC Group’s sustainability goals, support the execution of Company and brand specific sustainability initiatives; monitor, evaluate and report on progress.
• Work closely with the Legal, Production, Design and Marketing teams on managing raw material and production data to support sustainability claims on products and in marketing.
• Keep abreast of trends and changes in sustainability landscape, including regulatory issues and innovations; evaluate and make recommendations appropriate for SPARC Group.
• Perform other duties related to sustainability, as directed by supervisor.Social Compliance
• Responsible for SPARC Group’s Social Compliance program including enforcement of SPARC’s Code of Conduct, onboarding new factories, and management of the factory audit and remediation processes.
• Evaluate performance of vendors and factories including reviewing audit findings, monitoring country risks, and staying current on industry developments to identify performance trends and implement preventive solutions to improve compliance and performance.
• Manage conflict minerals reporting and other regulatory reporting requirements.
• Perform other duties related to social compliance, as directed by supervisor.Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical, textile, apparel or related field required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 8+ years of solid working experience on apparel, accessories or footwear quality management, compliance, testing, production and sustainability.
• Substantial knowledge of U.S. and international product safety regulations, regulatory requirements, testing procedures and protocols.
• Ability to make balanced decisions based on technical data, knowledge and sound judgment.
• Ability to influence, advise and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners at all levels across the organization.
• Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with peers, business leaders, business partners and vendors.
• Excellent executive-level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver high-impact presentations on complex topics to leaders and stakeholders at all levels across organization.
• Successful track record of leading cross-functional strategic initiatives from concept to completion.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel). Familiarity with Interlink, Datalink, GCSS or BV OneSource platforms a plus.SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
#LI-JD1Click here to apply online