Seeking a dynamic and energetic Director of Software Engineering to lead and professionally grow individual contributors and development leads for a SaaS platform. This leader is someone who collaborate with other leaders to create best development practices, team growth, and is passionate about shipping high quality and on time products that deliver results to our customers and delights the market. Great opportunity for emerging leaders.
- Provide leadership and management of the team through coaching, empowering, and collaboration
- Assist Lead software engineers in the architecture of new micro services, data schemas, and API architectures in a complex SaaS environment
- Managing and mentoring distributed 16-28 members SCRUM teams while working with other teams to deliver product increments for a SaaS platform. Team members are located in 4 locations cross the US and oversea.
- Understand, analyze and make recommendations on the advancement of standards and processes to enhance and drive consistency of best practices in the department overall
- Build collaborative relationships with organization peers and internal business partners to advance the development team’s success in delivering results
- Act as a liaison between teams in the application configuration, release/deployment, environments and production support issues
- Commit to learning and continuous improvement of the development process, while aligned with the corporate and department vision
- Apply coding and testing standards, apply security testing tools including "'fuzzing" static-analysis code scanning tools, and conduct code reviews.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design application and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- BSEE or BSCS
- 10+ years hands-on experience leading or managing a Software Development team. Prior experience in a fast-paced environment a plus
- Experience with managing distribute teams
- Must have a track record of building and deploying mission critical, highly distributed, large scale SaaS applications
- Must have a strong knowledge of containerization technologies and Kubernetes
- Minimum 5 years of development experience with a SaaS platform
- Experience Agile/SCRUM environment. Experience with SAFe a plus
- Excellent communication skills with levels of business partners along with an ability to translate tech talk to any audience
- Experience in the healthcare industry, wellness programs or health insurance background highly preferred
- Experience with complex data integrations and web applications
- Experience with Reactjs, graphql, RoR, SAML, web analytics, Linux, relational and non-relational databases and AWS. Python and other opensource software is a plus