Director - Pricing Analytics & Administration
Vernon Hills IL
The Director or Pricing Analytics & Administration will oversee a team focused on pricing analytics and administration, with the objective of delivering timely, clear, actionable, and reliable analytics to drive pricing and margin optimization via pricing measures while also overseeing the team that administers pricing in the system. The position requires combining an analytical and sales-oriented mindset to lead and develop teams toward success in overcoming the real-world challenges presented by imperfect data and delivering presentations and reports that simplify complex information and processes.
This position is part of the Pricing Leadership team and reports to the Vice President of Strategic Pricing. The role is based in Vernon Hills, IL. Our hybrid work environment includes two (2) remote days/week.
Driving Pricing process for the organization
- Set up and drive the pricing process for the organization encompassing opportunity identification, pricing planning, price forecasting and actual price realization tracking and reporting.
- Actively work with the Director of Pricing Strategy to create, publish and maintain the price lists for different product platforms and channels of distribution to provide guidance on the right price levels to use, for the commercial team.
- Own and administer the pricing approval processes for published pricing (PAW system) and account specific pricing (P&T system).
- Responsible for the administration of account promotional agreements and growth rebate programs.
- Evaluate current pricing processes and initiate continuous improvement projects.
- Define and drive best practice tools and approaches in pricing process and execution.
Pricing Analytics & Reporting
- Setting up and running insightful periodic reports on the pricing performance of different portions of the organization including tracking of price and promo initiatives and ROI measurement.
- Responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to understand product value proposition, current or proposed price points, data gathering and cleansing, deep dive advanced statistical analysis/modeling and recommendations to optimize the performance of pricing strategies and tactics. Will also support Sales teams operationally through deal support, data gathering through custom dashboard/reports development and analysis.
- Leveraging innovative methods to identify and propagate pricing opportunities targeted at margin enhancement.
Pricing Strategy Creation
- Support the Director of Pricing Strategy to understand and design complex commercial pricing models, leveraging data and analytics to develop and execute pricing strategies across various categories, suppliers, and customer segments.
- Define pricing governance policies and processes for all platforms.
- Lead the team focused on administering the pricing in the system and provide support to commercial teams in getting new prices into the system.
- Manage team on day-to-day activities including planning & allocating tasks as required in collaboration with senior leaders.
- Coach and mentor staff, determine appropriate staffing levels, ensure employee development, maintain a positive employee relations environment, and develop analytical best practices that propagate throughout the organization.
- 4-year BS degree in business or mathematics/statistics or engineering with an MBA being an added advantage
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant professional experience; 4+ years of management and leadership experience in reporting and analytics, specifically in connecting business strategy to processes for data management, pricing, analytics, data science, business intelligence, and/or reporting.
- A subject matter expert on Product Pricing or Pricing Strategy.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics and R, databases (SQL), pricing and value models, regressions, applied pricing and economics principles, yield management concepts and tools, reporting and BI solutions (Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work with all levels in the organization.
- Experience with Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, or other data visualization tools required; familiarity with SQL, R, or Python preferred.
- Analytic and strategic thinking skills, with ability to digest complex information and make data-driven decisions.
- Leader with a passion for people with the ability to exert formal and informal influence across functions.
- Passionate problem solver and creative thinker, with ability to pitch new ideas and be open to feedback.
- Dynamic and agile: Ability to think in a creative and strategic way, but be adept at delivering operationally to ensure tasks are followed through to completion. Ability to work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decisions are required.
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/pain points of your customers/ stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation to effectively facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions with senior business leaders/stakeholders.
- Strategic Planning: Is proactive, forward-looking and can anticipate trends. Has vision and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Change Management: Ability to adapt to change, anticipate future needs, is flexible, overcomes resistance to change, and demonstrates managerial courage.
- Problem Solving: Can understand and evaluate complex issues and devise and implement successful solutions. Is focused on results, can see hidden problems, and takes logical approach and probes fruitful sources for answers. Is proactive and decisive in nature.
- Communication: Has effective verbal communication and presentation skills, has effective writing abilities (clear and succinct), had executive presence, has active listening abilities, and can convey important or critical messages that have the desired effect.
- Collaboration: Identifies opportunities for shared resources, seeks partnerships, is a team player, and involves others. Builds commitment, fosters open dialogue, and supports diversity and input from all team members. Is open minded and transparent.
- Decision Making: Uses critical thinking skills, has a track record of making high quality decisions, does not hesitate when making decision, is confident, and is action oriented.
- Developing Others: Coaches others and nurtures emerging leaders. Is a keen listener, provides challenging/stretch assignments, encourages development, confronts and deals with performance issues effectively and delegates tasks effectively in order to develop others.
- Judgement: Adopts strategic, analytical and carefully weighted decision-making process in the evaluations of alternative scenarios.
- Financial Acumen: Has demonstrated financial acumen, can successfully budget and forecast, and understands cost implications of decisions.
- Integrity & Commitment: Demonstrates integrity, has commitment, shows moral courage, demonstrates emotional intelligence, is values-driven, respects the Company culture, and demonstrates responsible entrepreneurship. Has a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive PTO and benefits package.